New to the boards

AquaBogie

Hey everyone,

My name is Zach Bogatz, and I was at the most recent PNWMAS frag show. Got to meet a lot of you nice people, it was a lot of fun and tiring ;). Dodge told me about your forums, and thought I would join in on the fun, and thank everyone for coming out to visit us at the show :). 

I will try to keep up on the forum but I am super bad about checking these things lol! 

• Like 5

I was also at yesterday's swap and had a wonderful time talking to venders and buying way too many corals. The prices were very reasonable so I couldn't resist.  Got some corals high on my list like a space invader pectinia, purple hornet zoas and a bubblegum digi. Also got other beautiful sps. Laura Simmons from Cairns aquarium gave a great talk on sustainability in our hobby. I can't wait till next year. Thank you to all who put on such an awesome swap.  Oh and the tacos were very tasty 

• Like 5

Nice to meet you Zach at the show! You were working really hard. Setting up a show is hard work.  Remember folks these vendors have to get up like 3 am drive down and then set up a tank in 2 hours or less. No easy task!!

Most of the time they are lucky to break even and do it for the love of the hobby.

This was our first show so I really couldn’t tell them how many people would come and they eagerly signed up anyway!

Unrivaled Reefs definitely has my business!

Great forum name wantanewtank as that will never go out of style!!

Please support these vendors if you can and with Unrivaled Reefs it’s easy! Check out their Facebook page! He’s got some nice high end stuff as well as some old school favorites of mine!! All of it was high quality!

• Like 3

Welcome Zach!  Glad you made it to the show and were able to find some good pieces. I really liked that bubble gum digi - glad you scored a frag!  

Sorry about that - I managed to merge your post with Wantanewtank - the danger of early morning posting from a phone :shock:  Hope things went well for you and definitely glad you could join us!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ninkylou said:

Was glad to see you guys there.  (Nancy)  I must confess I didn't get anything from you this weekend, but I do love the acans I got from you at the sale at BRA last month.

That's ok you cleaned us out last time ;). You have to save money sometimes right? lol!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Nice to meet you Zach at the show! You were working really hard. Setting up a show is hard work.  Remember folks these vendors have to get up like 3 am drive down and then set up a tank in 2 hours or less. No easy task!!

Most of the time they are lucky to break even and do it for the love of the hobby.

This was our first show so I really couldn’t tell them how many people would come and they eagerly signed up anyway!

Unrivaled Reefs definitely has my business!

Great forum name wantanewtank as that will never go out of style!!

Please support these vendors if you can and with Unrivaled Reefs it’s easy! Check out their Facebook page! He’s got some nice high end stuff as well as some old school favorites of mine!! All of it was high quality!

Thanks for everything you all did, sure the vendors had some stuff to do. But I feel like your job was harder,  you had so much to organize and keep things in line. But it was very smooth, and we all appreciate how much you even took care of us and even offered to get coffee for a barely awake individual ;). I had a lot of fun, and glad that others did too :). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AquaBogie said:

Thanks for everything you all did, sure the vendors had some stuff to do. But I feel like your job was harder,  you had so much to organize and keep things in line. But it was very smooth, and we all appreciate how much you even took care of us and even offered to get coffee for a barely awake individual ;). I had a lot of fun, and glad that others did too :). 

I'm surprised you even remember that.:happy: I approached several of the vendors and staff and got barely an audible response LOL as they were so road weary and not quite awake. I'm the morning person who is bright and chipper and alert at 5am that you dread!  

• Like 1

Zach, you joined! Awesome! You won't regret this great group of people. They're nothing short of awesomeness! You need to get your sidekick Gene or is it the other way around, on here, as well. I'm sure you guys made out pretty well at the fest, well, at least from me, haha. You and Gene had some really nice stuff! Can't wait to see you guys next year or maybe even sooner! Now fork out the $24 and become a supporting member, lol. [emoji12]

Sent from my Man Cave while having a cold one! [emoji41]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1