Not too big, not too small, juuust right... build

Jorge

6 hours ago, JimmyK said:

This is a great set-up..... I thought hard about buying this tank at Upscales but just would not fit the space in my home. Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Thank you! I'm glad you didn't pick it up :) Here's a picture of it a week ago or so. I've mounted all those frags onto the shelf rock you see there since.

20171005_143904.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Little tank update. Tank has been doing great! Added a second gyre 250. Considering replacing the gyres with something smaller. I can't run these 250s anything more than 20%!!

Some frags are beginning to resemble small colonies!

20180109_145218.jpg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Geez Jorge... Really beautiful setup there.  Let me know if you decide to offload a gyre!  My 150 isn't going to be big enough here shortly haha.  

Thanks brother, gonna give these a little more time. I will say this though, because they're running so low theyre dead silent.

Two 250s in your peninsula would be awesome!

• Like 1

Ooh that's a radiant wrasse! This little guy is about 2 1/2 inches. I love it's hunter like behavior. It did come from the shop. They don't come in very often and don't ship very well since they have to make a long trip from Africa. I'm sure Jeff can get them anytime as long as theyre in season!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, youcallmenny said:

Geez Jorge... Really beautiful setup there.  Let me know if you decide to offload a gyre!  My 150 isn't going to be big enough here shortly haha.  

Give it a month or so the whole thing will be for sale :laugh: Sorry Jorge had to ;)

Tank is looking good!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jorge said:

Ooh that's a radiant wrasse! This little guy is about 2 1/2 inches. I love it's hunter like behavior. It did come from the shop. They don't come in very often and don't ship very well since they have to make a long trip from Africa. I'm sure Jeff can get them anytime as long as theyre in season!

Is that the one that had a bit of a upper lip problem?  Glad to see he is doing well if so - seriously considered bringing him home and still would like one.

Tank is looking great and the coral seem to be thriving (of course).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spectra said:

Give it a month or so the whole thing will be for sale :laugh: Sorry Jorge had to ;)

Tank is looking good!

Thought about It! Lol

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

Is that the one that had a bit of a upper lip problem?  Glad to see he is doing well if so - seriously considered bringing him home and still would like one.

Tank is looking great and the coral seem to be thriving (of course).

It's not that one but it's from the same shipment. I don't recommend one if you like bristle worms! Lol

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, Jorge said:

The stand I'm not sure who built but I picked up from upscales for an excellent deal. I love the industrial look and magnetic panels.

The tank is a low iron built by oceans by design.

Can you say how "excellent" a deal it was? Up here in Seattle, a stand like that doesn't even appear often. I'm not sure if shops up here sell second hand stands like this. Either way, it looks sharp! Ohh yeah, your tank look hella nice too, and is growing! :)

13 hours ago, BabelFish said:

Can you say how "excellent" a deal it was? Up here in Seattle, a stand like that doesn't even appear often. I'm not sure if shops up here sell second hand stands like this. Either way, it looks sharp! Ohh yeah, your tank look hella nice too, and is growing! :)

It wasn't super cheap but I still consider it an excellent deal since it was a brand new tank and stand. I paid under 1k. I'll say that much :)

14 hours ago, Jorge said:

Thought about It! Lol

It's not that one but it's from the same shipment. I don't recommend one if you like bristle worms! Lol

Well, fortunately bristle worms freak me out so I could live without them :EvilGrin:  I doubt many survive the rest of my wrasse wrecking crew anyway (includes blue star leopard, green coris, melanarus, red possum).

52 minutes ago, Jorge said:

Most wrasses hunt but the coris type seem to be the more efficient at doing so.

Just to support that notion, our green coris has now learned to follow the diamond goby around so that he can poach anything tasty it might stir up from the sand bed.  The one that used to be at Seahorse would follow you around waiting for you to tip up a frag then clean off the bottom for you.  Very industrious and thorough hunters from what I have seen.

6 hours ago, BabelFish said:

Funny you say that Jorge, my Coris' have always been chumps, pussycats even! 

No way! Some are almost too aggressive and can sometimes go after the clean up crew. Usually that can be mitigated by some moderate to heavy feeding though. 

6 hours ago, albertareef said:

Just to support that notion, our green coris has now learned to follow the diamond goby around so that he can poach anything tasty it might stir up from the sand bed.  The one that used to be at Seahorse would follow you around waiting for you to tip up a frag then clean off the bottom for you.  Very industrious and thorough hunters from what I have seen.

I've witnessed that behaviour as well Sean! They got the whole work smarter not harder thing figured out :laugh:

4 hours ago, spectra said:

My blue star I found likes shrimp........added a few peppermints and well who knows how many it ate....... 

Holy Moly what size leopards?? They have tiny little mouths!