Another school shooting? Really?

Fragged

I don't own an AR either but I do own a AK-22. I don't hunt so I have no need for anything larger then a .22 well, other then my CCW.

When I started showing my son the basics of owning firearms I started collecting.22 rifles in every configuration other then full auto and pump action so far. This way I can teach him the proper operation of simi, lever and bolt rifles. .22 pump is last on our list and maybe replace our Ithaca with a Golden boy.

The constitution says I can have a gun.  Why not change the constitution instead of bypassing it.  That is what is wrong with the liberal position.  They don't care if it is lawful, but do as they "feel" they should.  We have a president who doesn't follow the law, we have sanctuary cities, pot sales, and all sorts of examples where people no longer follow the law as our leaders show it's not necessary.  If you have political pull you can do just about anything and get away with it.  Look at black lives matter, or Hillary.   I can accept change, so change the constitution, not cheat the system.

I find it rather funny we are now on page 8 of this thread.... Has anyone ever noticed this discussion always comes to light directly after any shooting? And after every shooting Forums and the Social Media blow up with a heated debate, then after a month or two passes and everything simmers down not a single thing changes? As a matter of fact the only thing that changes is individuals personal opinions on those who are in opposition. Everyone is entitled to their views for certain, but debating your views with others in a place such as a forum will have absolutely no impact whatsoever in finding a solution, but rather just eat up time regressing your own views at every angle to those wanting to post their billboard without even taking your thoughts into consideration, seriously at the end of the day you would be lucky if 1 individual so much as "Considered" your views but rather was more anxious in providing theirs.

I really enjoy Reefing as I always have and the way I see it, why bother with Politics that have become so redundant in this day and age and sacrifice potential resources and friends that can be made here by getting involved in the debate with my own personal views. I would hate to be at a meeting or post a WTB or FS offer and loose an opportunity to find what I'm looking for or make a friend because someone associates me with 1 side of the debate and has little discern in that reasoning to make an attempt. Just saying.

• Like 3

Hey everyone, I think this thread has pretty much run it's course. There were some good points thanks for being civil and well said Exodus. I think everyone has had a chance to have their say. I'm going to go ahead and lock it if noone has any strong objections. :)

• Like 2

Loosing friends or potential relations over a discussion like this is just silly, everyone has the right to their own opinion and should be allowed to voice it. If someone takes that stance and rejects another for their views, their loss.

I don't see why the thread needs to be locked. The discussion has been a good one and kept very civil, it does no harm remaining open as long as that continues to be the way it goes. 

I love reefing too and spend a lot of my time on this site, but I also like to have discussions about social issues. Since I spend most of my internet time on fish forums, it's nice to have discussions other than reefing in the same place as long as they stay civil. 

• Like 4

It's just something that we typically do for these type of threads. It's not that it has gotten out of hand it's just simply that it's run it's course and so we can get back to talking about reef hobbies again.

I'm going to go ahead and close it now. Thanks everyone! :)

• Like 3