Earthbound 90

earthbound

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

running a giesemann infinity fixture that was originally 4x 24" T5 1x250w MH, i have been running it with two radion gen1 pucks with a custom diode layout retrofitted into the fixture.  I am now removing the MH components entirely and the radion pucks and am going to rework the fixture to run the 4 nanobox led pucks pictured and the existing 4xT5s.  I also went through the unit when I originally got it and replaced the T5 ballasts with new units the same as ATI uses in thier fixtures because it had 220v ballasts and ran an external transformer to work in the US.

Here is a picture of it before I tear into it again.

IMG_20140711_245855_874_zpsitgsv45l.jpg

here it is above my 40 breeder in stock configuration

IMG_20140530_214936_913_zpss7zwhcpx.jpg

I am using a 6CH bluetooth PMW controller from Reef Led Lab and Meanwell LDD drivers on the internals to control everything.

Here is the layout of the newest nanobox pucks, he is the only manufacture currently using the lime led's that i am aware of. Which for me is a must to attain the colors I want out of my corals and still have the tank look the way I want it to.

V3 - Nano Box Array consists of :

• 2 - SEMILED Violet CH1
  • 2 - REBEL ES Lime CH2

• 1 - Rebel Cyan CH3

• 1 - Rebel Blue CH3

• 4 - Luxeon T Royal Blue CH4

• 3 - Luxeon T Neutral White & Warm White CH2

I got the new led's installed and light is up and running.  I am very happy with how it looks, now just to wait and see how all the corals respond.

IMG_20150115_164516_482.jpg

IMG_20150115_203421_126.jpg

IMG_20150115_203800_781.jpg

043.JPG

On an unrelated not I rearranged the column after picking up this beautiful anemone.

074.JPG

Edited by earthbound

Looking good, what are the dimensions on the tank and who built it?

Love the Ritteri, makes me want to get another!

What I love the most if the chopped up giesemann fixture! It's nice to see someone besides myself that's crazy enough to chop up $1000 light fixtures lol.

Edited by Arsonmfg

Where did you fet that ritteri nem?? It's beautiful!!!

Picked up the Nem from The premium Aquarium along with two pink skunk clowns that dont go more than an inch from it.

Looking good, what are the dimensions on the tank and who built it?

Love the Ritteri, makes me want to get another!

What I love the most if the chopped up giesemann fixture! It's nice to see someone besides myself that's crazy enough to chop up $1000 light fixtures lol.

The tank is 36x24x24, I am not sure of the tanks original origins I picked it up for free from a forum member who had it sitting out on his back deck for a winter.  After getting it I took off the rim, tore it down and resembled it adding a glass euro brace in place of the top rim as well as drilling it and building a glass external bean animal overflow with a 3/4" shallow internal overflow.

• 2 weeks later...

Those nano box led pucks are cool! Any optics available for them?

no optics available for them but wasn't really a factor for me as i hate optics on led's and they are easily coloring up acros on my sand bed.  I would guess if you had a tank over 24" it might start to be a problem but they have plenty of power for my application.