Mohaynow's 150 Gallon

Mohaynow

I bought this tank from Emerald525 and Tanktop74 back in February. Its been sitting for a long time.

When I first got it, the back of it was blue. A nice color but not what I wanted, so off it came

DSC03210.jpg

DSC03214.jpg

And I painted it black, cause it makes the tank go faster.

About 2 months ago I filled it with water and got it cycling. And today since I was bored I decided to mover everything over from my 90.

The 90, yesterday

20120901_133401.jpg

how it sits now, waiting for someone to come get some free live sand. (whistle)

20120912_104124.jpg

The temporary home for the fish, befor you freak out, they are only going to be in here for a few months. So they should be ok.

20120912_104104.jpg

3 tangs 3 wrasses a chromis and a hawk fish.

20120912_104056.jpg

And lastly, the 150, with all my junk in it. I will most likely play around with the rock work a lot befor I call it finished. But I'm letting my hands de-prune.

20120912_123957.jpg

As far as equipment goes. I am using a mag 12 for a return pump and 4 koralia's for circulation. The skimmer is an ATI bubble blaster 2500 (I think). It's pretty awesome. I have a reefkeeper lite for a controller, mostly to controll the heater and lights. And everything else is hooked up to a dj power strip to make truning crap on and off real easy.

I guess I knew at least one casualty was to be expected. I was just hoping it wouldn't be something that I have had for 2 and a half years. I came home to this today.

20120918_123454.jpg

But, everything else is doing fine. I added a small naso when I moved everthing over, and all 4 tangs get along famously

20120918_123819.jpg

I finaly took the time to seperate a giant favia colony from a green with purple rim plating monti. The favia was starting to kill the monti where they were getting close.

the favia

20120918_123653.jpg

The monti

20120918_123709.jpg

Havent really seen much of a cycle either.

20120918_123749.jpg

Thanks for lookin

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Thank you, I know who has the colony if you are looking for a piece. Most of the documentation of the stuff i had on here was lost with the hack a handful of years back.

I work for FedEx now and I've been delivering corals in West Linn pretty regular for the last couple weeks to the same guy, its been bringing up old memories, good ones.

6 minutes ago, Mohaynow said:

Thank you, I know who has the colony if you are looking for a piece. Most of the documentation of the stuff i had on here was lost with the hack a handful of years back.

I work for FedEx now and I've been delivering corals in West Linn pretty regular for the last couple weeks to the same guy, its been bringing up old memories, good ones.

Actually, I would love to have a piece of that!  I am just in the process of stocking the new tank and have some orange cap and some purple cap that are doing well but don't yet have the purple-rimmed green (which happens to be my favorite).

Nostalgia leads to tanks...it's proven...

Actually, I would love to have a piece of that!  I am just in the process of stocking the new tank and have some orange cap and some purple cap that are doing well but don't yet have the purple-rimmed green (which happens to be my favorite).

I have that piece, plus a similar one except it has blue polyps. PM if you're interested.

Right hand side:

ce29aa0cfb007cbea53b1eb84b00a2e1.jpg

• 1 month later...