3/4" MPT Connector

Exactly Siskiou, that online shipping is getting old quickly (wife) . I'll be happy to pay for the shipping and the cost (or trade if there is anything you are looking for and let's say I may have by chance...), or if you know someone planning to go to the meeting on the 21st in PDX I can wait as well.

PowderTang, thanks for the tip, in case I can't find it on this board, I'll go to the LFS, I am sure they can order it too if they don't have it.:D

One question I have though is how do you connect the different parts together i.e the ball socket nosle to a Y or to the connector ? Do you need a special tool or brute force? I currently have just one nosle on one side and trying to split into 2 so that my flow goes in 2 directions. I have the Y connector but can't even insert the long nosle into it. IS there a trick? (scratch)

Brute force! There are also Loc-line pliers, but those are for pansies.

Patrick at SWF usually has them in both 3/4" and 1/2" sizes, but he is out of the MPT connectors(cough cough Patrick cough cough)

Woody @ Seahorse usually has them as well.

QUOTE]

I was afraid someone would say that...(threaten) I already thrashed 2 fingers trying to jam those things together. Of course as you lose fingers the chance of success vanishes! Someone must have figured out a trick...?(scratch)

QUOTE]

I was afraid someone would say that...(threaten) I already thrashed 2 fingers trying to jam those things together. Of course as you lose fingers the chance of success vanishes! Someone must have figured out a trick...?(scratch)

The trick is you use the pliers. most LFS usually have them to use. Ask them.

dsoz :)

I have 4 laying around with a number of feet of 1/2" loc and 3/4" loc to 1/2" loc y's

So what do you want for the 3/4 "? can you bring them to PDX when you come up?

I am still deliberating about your pump BTW.

Will decide tonight if it's still available!

I paid $180 for all the loc line stuff, just so you have an idea, I also have a bunch of Hydor Flo's that where attached to the end of the 1/2" lines (6 total)... all sitting in the closet, all worked/works great. Some of the line is still in the depths of the tank, I would need to remove and clean off the coraline.

Only wimps use pliers.

To clean off the coraline from the locline I had great luck soaking it in white vinegar and water. probaby 1/2 gallon of vinegar and a gallon of water. No scrubbing needed. I left them in it for a few days. JME

Thanks Nyles, $180??? HOW MANY MILES do YOU HAVE? (scratch)

the pieces I am interested are just worth $1.79 each (see top of post) they are the 3/4 " connectors, I have the other pieces , just need to connect them without being a WIMP (at least if I want respect from this crowd) (whistle) .

If you can bring them this week-end and it's not a big hassle, I'll be happy to buy them or trade or (owe you a free trade when I am fully stocked). Otherwise looks like siskiou has it as well.

I paid $180 for all the loc line stuff' date=' just so you have an idea, I also have a bunch of Hydor Flo's that where attached to the end of the 1/2" lines (6 total)... all sitting in the closet, all worked/works great. Some of the line is still in the depths of the tank, I would need to remove and clean off the coraline.[/quote']

Siskiou, you preceeded me. Thanks!

I ended up going to one of the LFS in PDXD and found them for $2.69. Cheaper and cleaner than a box + a stamp. Anyway it's all in the tank , connected (Via Brute FORCE (laugh) )and working now.

Thanks a lot for the help, the offers. I was goint to post, but you were faster.

Now I need to deal once more with microbubbles, not sure what happened.

Thanks again