Amazing new skatepark!! My dream come true!

chorse

I don't think there are to many members that skateboard but if you do or know someone who does you should know about Ed Benedict park on 102nd and Powell. There are many skateparks in the area but this one is the best I have seen yet! The first time I saw it I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

I think it is a great place for kids and adults to get recreation and stay out of trouble. I have been a skateboarder for 17 years now and I think if there had been a place like that I could have progressed faster without the tickets and skateboard confiscations.

The Tigard Skatepark http://www.tigard-or.gov/community/parks/skatepark.asp looks small in comparison to Benedict Park http://www.portlandonline.com/PARKS/index.cfm?c=44273 , but it's on the same property as City Hall and the Police Station. I wonder how they deal with the liability issue? Probably a sign posted with a disclaimer.

I was on the Olson Surfboards Skateboard Team in Santa Cruz with 3 others back.... in the era of composite wheels. We won 2nd place in the N. California Championships, beating out two teams from San Jose, another team from Santa Cruz (O'Neil of surfboard/wetsuit fame) and finally losing to a San Francisco team.

We got a new skateboard and t shirts and considered ourselves lucky.(whistle)

We were able to jump off the roofs of cars, do handstands, and do 3-5 backside 360's, but we just did not have the traction to more or go vertical. Then again, when I was 12 we were putting metal wheels on a 2 X 4 and going down the Capitola Hill.DOH!

I put my 5 year old on a longboard on the rug at downhill's place and she loved it when I threw the nose up in the air. I think I'm going to get a flexi longboard (closer to surfing, anyway) and do some tandem riding!

seems pretty cool. best park we have down here is wilamalane skatepark in springtucky. its a tony hawk park.never got real into parks but after driving by cal young park in eugene all the time and seeing it completely empty it makes me want to start up again.i prob quite 2 years ago last time was a broken ankle that i had already rolled like 5 times(wife)