The battle has begun - die redbugs die AEFW!!!

impur

I have actually had no problem, you need to make sure the ph is the same and the temp is close. But otherswise its quite simple, I let most sit for 60 seconds and a few that I seen stuff on let them sit for about 2 min.

I dipped your corals too..... LOL

and yes they are doing excellent.

Ha! Dip 3 down, 1 dip to go, 2 weeks and i'm in the clear!!! I'm pretty stoked things are going so well. I dreaded this procedure for months before i began. All my acros are doing well, some still even have color. My tricolor is receeding though, and i know why. The alk in the QT tank sank to about 4 or 5dKH. I didn't think i would have to dose this tank as i'm doing 100% WCs weekly and the acros are pretty stressed so calcification is at a minimum. But i was wrong, i've seen some new growth, albeit very little. Through the whole ordeal my blue mille is still doing great, still has all its color and great PE. All redbugs have been gone since the first dip. I have inspected throughly throughout each week and have seen zero redbugs. I have not seen any AEFW either, but they are much harder to spot. In this dip i did not see any.

So things are looking up.

• 2 weeks later...

Well 4th dip went ok. I'm losing 2 of the 3 corals i really did not want to lose. My tricolor is almost completely white, and my blue mille now has some RTN going on. 1 other small colony is RTNing and 2 of my frags as well. I don't attribute this to the dips, rather to the difficulty in keeping parameters stable in a small tank. SG fluctuates much more, alk and calcium uptake is very eradic and hard to keep in check. My tort is still slightly blue and has some PE. I do the final dip sunday and then into the display they go. Ironic that the corals i wanted to survive did not, while all the others did.

Well hurry up! I got a few tri colors, and you have one waiting here. I had some crazy stuff happen here but it seems everything is fine. All corals where in a 50 gallon backup tank all day Thursday. It was a nightmare day, full of bad words! LOL. Sorry to hear your going to lose the ones you really liked, that always sucks!

Started my battle yesterday. I'm using a 10gal tank for QT lit by a 70w 10k DIY MH light' date=' my pinpoint pH monitor on it, 50watt marineland heater controlled by a single stage Ranco temp controller, a MJ1200 and a minijet for circulation. I ended up not going with the PVC overflow and 10gal sump. I only have about 7 small golf ball size colonies and a handful of frags so i think 10gal should suffice with weekly WCs. .[/quote']

sorry to hear off your losses......that sucks.....crurious, was there some sort of filtration or a skimmer on the tank?

I almost forgot about that tricolor Nyles, now i'm stoked!! What the heck happened to your tank??? Shoulda called me to help out. What you got going on next week, i might take a trip down there to get the frags :D

I had 2 powerheads for movement and a heater/temp controller. No skimmer since i was doing 100% weekly WCs with NSW. The first 3 weeks went well. This last week has been tough on them.

Well its tough to watch some of the corals just RTN. Today just to be safe i took my O tort, and a couple other frags out of the QT, dipped for 15min and into the display. They had some decent PE right off the bat. This first pic is out of focus, but you can see it still has some blue left

P1010258.jpg

In the background is the other frag

P1010259.jpg