Did anyone make the same mistake I did?

CA2OR

I sure did. 6 weeks in and bought all live rock and sand. Ammonia never went above .25. waited til it went to 0. I bought 3 easy hardy frags. HA! Two look sickly and not opening. After 3 days I moved them today and can't stop staring and worrying about them....not relaxing

Just to let you know... it never ends. I have ideal water conditions, temp, salinity, cal, mag, iodide, ect... I am still losing fish. No visible signs as to why either. Tons of coral and it all looks great but the fish keep kicking the can. Oh, and my arch nemesis for many months now is hair algae. I can't seem to get it goneDOH!. There is no end to the struggle, I've been at saltwater for 7 years and it hasn't skipped a beat. I wouldn't trade it for anything though.

With Google and forums we can concur all!!!!

Yes, but not much... The best thing seems to be Seahairs. They are like slugs kinda. I've had no luck getting any though. I find my emerald crabs grabbing at it sometimes too. Red legged hermits have been known to go for it sometimes also. Your army will have to be big to keep it under control though. Seahorse has some stuff that has helped me keep it in check. It hasn't got rid of it but seems to stop it from accelerating. I was using some drops but moved on to a reactor. The key is to try and get your phosphates out so the hair can't use it to grow. I run a half-@$$ refugium in my sump so I think that is half of my problem. Many people keep a lot of greenery growing in the refugium or sump so it uses all the phosphates up there instead of in the main tank.

Make sure to cover your pump intakes, so the sea hare doesn't get sucked in!

And yeah, every once in a while, when everything is stable and I'm not adding or changing anything and all the equipment works, it's relaxing!

My husband finds it a great joy until I ask for more money for the tank! :D

Oh, thats a whole other story...lol Lets just say my girlfriend was Iran, then I would be the UN.(threaten)(threaten) I am on constant guard to make sure Iran doesn't try to do something horrific to the world(my fish tank)...:p

I'm having a hard time telling her I am going to upgrade to a 120 sometime soon(plotting)

The mistake I am talking about is getting into this hobby because it is "relaxing and stressfree".(laugh)

Makes me feel more like (scary)

yeah... it's supposed to lower your blood pressure too.(whistle)

Whoever said this was either looking at someone else's tank or had a few bioballs missing in the ol' trickle filter.(nutty):D