Thread that was closed

reefboy

actualy, I used to own a pawn shop, and have had many talks with detectives and fbi agents about this. this applies to anyone that is buying somthing and selling it for a profit. if it is regulated, then it has to be reported. It is not just for pawn shops. Look it up. so you, as a business buying and selling regulated items could get busted and fined. It actualy happens alot. You probably wont see it unless you start advertising that you buy these things, or if you start buying and selling alot of them, or if someone turns you in. have you ever brought some scrap metal down to be recycled for some cash. thats why they need your ODL. A little different than merchandise, but the same principle. Lets say, you put an ad out saying, I by pumps and motors. then you start selling pumps and motors on ebay and in your store and lots of people start selling you pumps and motors. business or not. guess what, its illegal. and its like the judge said when i got a speeding ticket. Ignorance is no excuse for braking the lawDOH!.

actualy' date=' I used to own a pawn shop, and have had many talks with detectives and fbi agents about this. this applies to anyone that is buying somthing and selling it for a profit. if it is regulated, then it has to be reported. It is not just for pawn shops. Look it up. so you, as a business buying and selling regulated items could get busted and fined. It actualy happens alot. You probably wont see it unless you start advertising that you buy these things, or if you start buying and selling alot of them, or if someone turns you in. have you ever brought some scrap metal down to be recycled for some cash. thats why they need your ODL. A little different than merchandise, but the same principle. Lets say, you put an ad out saying, I by pumps and motors. then you start selling pumps and motors on ebay and in your store and lots of people start selling you pumps and motors. business or not. guess what, its illegal. and its like the judge said when i got a speeding ticket. Ignorance is no excuse for braking the lawDOH!.[/quote']

Well honestly I am not brushed up on my pawn shop bi-laws so I am not a expert.

What is really boils down to for me is that there is not one person I know that hasn't bought, made or been given something that they didnt turn around and make money off of.

So was it illegal for me to make $65,000 profit on my last house I sold? I guess I just dont understand the law and plead ignorance. Later Ryan

there realy only enforced when you do somthing to make them take notice, like advertise or if your selling alot of used stuff on ebay or craigslist. they watch those websites. they actual watch flea markets too. the division street coral flea market was busted about 3 or 4 years ago. then i think the one up on stark was to.

here is somthing realy funny though. Lets say someone went out and stole a bunch of jewelry and other misc items and completely filled a storage unit with them. lets say all that stuff was reported stole by the ower, so if this theif sells any of it, he will get busted. the statute of limitation on stolen items runs out after 3 years. so if you store it for 3 years, after that you pretty much own it and can sell it any where. wow, now thats a loop hole.

well, i am a little tippsy right now, so forgive me. it states any sale of a controled item for the purpous of making money has to be reported. aquarium store or not. the fact is, a pump is a controlled item. many other things your lfs would by are not. some time you live is a certain juridiction that is more relaxed. once the crackheads find out your paying any money for pumps., suddenly like magic crackers, you start getting these pumps in alll day. and you like, wow, im getting such a good deal on these from the crack heads and the selling them on ebay for about 3 or 4 hundred times profit. no the cops start watching, then you get busted and more items then get added to the list the cops have. they are always updating. Okkk,,,,,,,mee go drink drink, and me go Nappy Napppy. If anyone has any more question and would like to ask, you can just pm me and ill let yhou know, that way we dont take over the general section.

peace,