Thread that was closed

reefboy

There was a thread closed while I was gone on vacation that I'd liked to respond too the one about vendors buying in classifieds and it seemed most felt we have no right too lol, well heres the thing if this is the case my sponsorship will end right here.I have every right as everyone one else to buy from there, at this point I never have but to say because I support this site and try to make a living for my family I shouldn't be able to buy is abunch of B.S. I'm not sure the reasoning behind it but just because a vendor buy's it doesn't mean it will go sky high I've dealt with Sully he's very generous even to another vendor so those with this feelin are way off base and a decision to do this will hurt this club.

the fact is, most people just want this or that off of someones system. If you fork down the money for the whole system with the intension of selling off the rest of the stuff you dont want, you could probably have a chance at buying things from people selling off everything. You will probably actualy make money off it and have the things you wanted left over. everyone has the same chance at buying somthing. It's all about who wants to spend the most for it.

Funny though, how is it these shops are buying government regulated items, like pumps, with out a state license. the portland pawn bureau states that pumps and motors are listed as regulated merchandise, and they are buying these items for the intent of resale and not for themselves. Just be careful, the first fine is only, i think, $500, but i think it doubles every time.

It would be a shame to lose Jason, (Coral Reef Pet Center), and/or Jody, (Totally Exotic Corals), as sponsors of this site!!!

Just because some don't feel they have the same rights as everyone else.

I think that is ricidulous!!!

If you don't want someone to buy your goods then don't post them for sale!!! That should end any confusion/problems.

the fact is, most people just want this or that off of someones system. If you fork down the money for the whole system with the intension of selling off the rest of the stuff you dont want, you could probably have a chance at buying things from people selling off everything. You will probably actualy make money off it and have the things you wanted left over. everyone has the same chance at buying somthing. It's all about who wants to spend the most for it.

Funny though, how is it these shops are buying government regulated items, like pumps, with out a state license. the portland pawn bureau states that pumps and motors are listed as regulated merchandise, and they are buying these items for the intent of resale and not for themselves. Just be careful, the first fine is only, i think, $500, but i think it doubles every time.

A aquarium pump is a government regulated item? Explain.

Jody and Jason, you guys have nothing to worry about. Believe me :)

Once again all it takes it one IDIOT to stir sh#t up. Nuff said. Later Ryan

I'm not sure of what your meaning by pumps?! but you are right everyone has the same chance at buying somthing and im sure most folks talk with there fellow friends,hobbist's then local shops before they post here and if they dont isnt it first come first serve? I think some forget we are still hobbyists too and just because we make are living at it dosnt mean we have more money to spend but if we want it bad enough we find a way just like everyone else we just have a avenue of moving anything that may be unwanted or already have a little easier then your averge reefnut.

Jody,

I really need to come and see what you have rolling down there! I have heard from several fellow reefers that you have some pretty nice stuff!

Also, I am in total agreeance with you on this. Vendors do now have the "exlpicit" right, though I feel they have always had the right to buy from the classifieds. There really isn't anyone that can argue against that and still claim that they want a fare and just club.

I think that a few fellow hobbiests and I might get together sometime soon and make the treck down your way. I will toss you a pm before we carpool down. I am excited to check out your setup!

Garrett

It's so simple. Free enterprise! I as a consumer/seller, don't care. I welcome ANY BUYER. If I'm moving an item quicker and getting a fair price. I say "come on down" :)

I did miss that the board has said no problem. I didn't know it was a "problem" By the way, Jason didn't get the system.

sorry, i didn't see the second page, so i was responding to the last post on the first page. i am glad everyone has come to an agreement about this.

let me also add, while conflicting views may be uncomfortable, debates are often very educational. i learned a lot from the deleted thread, and think that people should be allowed to discuss contriversial topics, within reason.

by pumps being regulated by the government, i meant, if you want to purchase something for the intent of resale. You need a special license from the government for certain items. there is a whole book of these items. You are required to photocopy photo id from them and have them sign a statement saying it isn't stolen, then you have to fingerprint there thumb (like some banks). You then have to record the serial number and turn it into the local pawn detective. Then you have to hold it for 30 days while the item is check against a national database of reported stolen items. Pumps and motors are on that list. thats is what i mean "it is regulated by the government". but hey, the first fine is only $500. so no biggy.

by pumps being regulated by the government' date=' i meant, if you want to purchase something for the intent of resale. You need a special license from the government for certain items. there is a whole book of these items. You are required to photocopy photo id from them and have them sign a statement saying it isn't stolen, then you have to fingerprint there thumb (like some banks). You then have to record the serial number and turn it into the local pawn detective. Then you have to hold it for 30 days while the item is check against a national database of reported stolen items. Pumps and motors are on that list. thats is what i mean "it is regulated by the government". but hey, the first fine is only $500. so no biggy.[/quote']

Pumps and motors :) Wow Rider you have totally taken that law way out of context. Do you realize how long it would take the government to enforce this? Do you realize how many of these so called "regulated items" are sold every single day.

Maybe you can become a private contractor through the government and start cracking down on these OFFENDERS!!!!! Seems like you are the foremost expert on this subject. Sounds like a real good job for ya, you could keep real busy.

Also what do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking. Pm me if you would like to keep it quiet. I'm just inquiring, I kinda have my own theory. Thanks Ryan