New tank to Me

wegotjs

Well the 70 Gallon has a new home and I was able to get a very nice used tank off the classified here on the site.The new tank is a JBJ 28G Hqi glass Semi-nano tank. It has all the normal stuff, built in overflow and wavemaker, 150 HQI + Blue led nights, I used one of the back chambers as a refuguim and bag of carbon.Dennis helped me drill 2 holes for the sump, so I am running my Rps-1000 skimmer in a small 4 gallon sump. DSC00991.jpghttp://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u171/wegotjs/DSC00995.jpg[/img

• Like 1

Hey Jon do you have the stock skimmer for that? The airston one? Let me know If you wanna get rid of it I'll buy it.

How do you like the front to back depth :) Its nice in a nano. I should post some pics of mine :) Later Ryan

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Had a bad day today. Cleaned the tank last night and asked my wife to turn on the power heads to the tank. She forgot and I failed to notice it. After only about 5 hours when I woke up to go out I notice that my BW clown pair had died . Lost a flame and some crabs. No corals but I have had the clowns since they were just 1 inch.Came close to crying having raised them and all the tank issues they have been thru with me. I hate that it was just a stupid mistake , it's easier to take if they get a disease or get swallowed by a lion fish.

THEY ARE SWIMMING TO THE OCEAN THRU THE SEWER SYSTEM RIGHT NOW .

I SALUTE YOU !!!!!

Jon,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know those fish were your favorites, and the whole reason that you got into reef tanks to begin with.

You will recover, and when you get in your house you can make a bigger, better tank!

dsoz