Suggestions on lighting 300gallon tank?

ahreno

So it's time to replace the lights in my tank... Just curious what you guys would recommend. I dont know anything about this as the tank came with the house i bought and was already setup.

It's a 300 gallon tank About 8 feet long. There are 4 250w HQI bulbs evenly spaced along it as well as 8 t5's. 4 t5s on each side.

I pretty much need to replace the entire lighting setup.

Any advice helps.

I guess i should have been more specific. I am definately not changing that actual fixtures. I need to change the bulbs. I dont know if 15k 250w are ok or if i should do 10k. Not sure what kind of t5s to get either. Super Actinic Actinic+ etc...

Right now i have 2 Gieseman Megachrome 250w coral. I dont know how many K they are as it doesn't say on them and i didn't purchase them. Then i have 2 10K generics that you gave me. these don't necassarily have to be replaced as they're not very used.

For t5's the side with the generic 250's has 4 super actinic lights and the other side i have 2 super actinics and 2 that i can't tell what they are. Blue plus perhaps?

I dont like the colors i'm getting. A frog spawn and hammerhead both look brown and other things just don't pop how I want them to

IMG_4885.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

I dont know exactly what the ballasts are called. They're dual 250s each (2 of them powers 4 lights) they're blue. under them it says Powered by Advance and the other sticker says Sunlight Supply. BW-7. I am pretty sure they are

Blue Wave 7 Dual HQI 250W

Metal Halide Ballast

by Sunlight Supply

I'm currently running 14k 250w Phoenix HQI on my current setup. I have also run 14k Hamilton and 14k Ushios but I found the Phoenix are the best looking. I also run 10,000k and actinic vho's but only before and after the MH are on, not at the same time. I don't need to supplement the Phoenix bulbs with actinic vho's cause they are blue enough for me, it's also nice to not have the vho's on all day cause I save on electricity and the bulbs last longer. HTH