Feeling Olympic???

180Brandy

Oh, it would be easier to list what I don't like (things like hockey and some other team sports like that).

Everything else, bring it on! :D

I'll be trying to keep an eye on the German team, too, though the US coverage makes it hard to see where other countries are at, unless they win a medal. And even then they don't necessarily show it, unless an American is in the running. But I guess it would be similar in any country.

Am currently hunting for a good German website with some streaming vids, or something.

They've already seen the Opening Ceremony and events are happening! I feel so behind the times! :)

Does anyone know of any satellite channel that has coverage' date=' other than the delayed NBC???? All the pictures on the opening on the web sites, but have to Wait for one on TV tonight. YUCK[/quote']

From what i've heard, it is on taped delay from China. China will decide what we get to watch.

Not that I give a rip though. (laugh)

Oh, it would be easier to list what I don't like (things like hockey and some other team sports like that).

Wait do they play hockey in the summer olympics(laugh)

Am looking forward to a few events myself but just think that all the hype over it being in China will take away from it. Plus all I here is smog smog and more smog. One funny thing I did here was that the tickets for the table tennis events were selling for 20 times there face value:eek: Ping pong anyone(rock2)

Wait do they play hockey in the summer olympics(laugh)

Field hockey, at least they used to have that as an Olympic discipline.

Am looking forward to a few events myself but just think that all the hype over it being in China will take away from it. Plus all I here is smog smog and more smog. anyone(rock2)

I'm especially interested in seeing the Bejing Olympics, because I spent a month in China in 1986, when they had just started to let people travel on their own (without a tour) in some parts of China.

And there were hardly *any* cars around then, mostly bicycles, motorcycles, donkey carts, buses.

I can't believe how much has changed in twenty years!

And even then they don't necessarily show it, unless an American is in the running. But I guess it would be similar in any country.

:)

Nope - Canadian broadcasting is much less biased, they show a ton of events, even if there are no Canadians in the running. Trust me, I'm a Canuck - so your dislike of hockey hurt my feelings a little (sad)

Nope - Canadian broadcasting is much less biased' date=' they show a ton of events, even if there are no Canadians in the running. Trust me, I'm a Canuck - so your dislike of hockey hurt my feelings a little (sad)[/quote']

Sorry, sorry! It's just one among other events, like Volley ball, beach volley ball etc, that I find mildly boring.

I wish I could get Canandian broadcasting. Tomorrow looks to be starting with a lot of volley ball.

Field Hockey and Lacrosse are two VERY different beasts.

Well sorry not trying to get the Canuck going(laugh) Am not into the summer games that much as I am more of a winter person.

On a side note did think it was funny as we were watching tonight and one of the 3 people from Vanuautu was a table tennis athlete. Kind of weird to see where alot of our livestrock comes from and then see what kind of htings there athletes are into.

Well sorry not trying to get the Canuck going(laugh) Am not into the summer games that much as I am more of a winter person.

On a side note did think it was funny as we were watching tonight and one of the 3 people from Vanuautu was a table tennis athlete. Kind of weird to see where alot of our livestrock comes from and then see what kind of htings there athletes are into.

Never get our national sport confuses with field hockey! That's one way to get us all riled up! (laugh)

I had dual citizenship (Canada/USA) until I was 18. I really love Canada and the politics. Ice Hockey??

NO THANKS!

Now if they could replace that boring puck with a live penguin (just a small one) it could make for an truly exiting game!

Surfing has been around for 2,000 years (maybe more). Not an Olympic game. But table tennis...

I think at one time bowling was a game (maybe just a demo). If you can drink and smoke while doing your sport, it is likely not a REAL athletic game.

Yea Phelps is amazing. I think they said he trains 4-5 hours a day. I had ocean lifegaurd training in college. We would swim for 1 1/2 hour without stopping, rest 5 minutes and swim another hour for 4 days a week. It was exhausting! That was a moderate paced workout. The lane lines in pools make me want to barf now.

He puts the pedal down on his workouts. Really dedicated. Deserves it!

He also consumes 12,000 to 15,000 calories a day. He is awesome. I too am a swimmer, and have competed in several "long bridge swims" that were 1 3/4 mile open water swims. I was however disappointed when I found out he has a DUI. He seems like a very nice guy, none the less. I love watching him and the other athletes. I also thought it was amazing when the jamacan won the 100m by a HUGE margin. He was so excited that he was running sideways and celebrating before the race was over. He SMASHED the world record, and didn't even try for the last 15m.