Perfecto Tanks?

R-3

So I can get a Perfecto tank that is 37 gallons. Kinda like the Oceanic. Its 20"Wx18" front to backx24"tall. I can get it for dirt cheap. Alot cheaper than everything else. So is it a garbage tank? Are they any good? Just wondering. Later Ryan

Well perfecto is now a division of Marineland. From what I have seen they use thicker glass in them but I have never owned one myself. Marineland bought Perfecto about 6 or 7 years ago before that the tank were garbage but I think Marineland is now producing a quality tank.

Thanks Sean! Its just a killer deal and im looking at $200-$300 for a 2' cube. I can get this one for a 1/4 of the price. Ill sleep on it tonight. Did you ever get ahold of Oceanic? Later Ryan

Ryan Ive been selling Perfecto, pretty much just there "corner-flo" system like you have probably seen in my shop. There is that new 125 with the dual overflows, its Perfecto. I do think they are making a much higher quality product than before. Still not to par with the custom tanks but the price sure is a lot more friendly.

I can FYI get them factory drilled for CL etc if you need.

joel

My thing is that since i cant drill the bottom (tempered) does anyone have any ideas for drilling for a overflow? I would be cool to put a mini-overflow box inside so I could surface skim. I need to do some research. Ill give you a call Joel. Later Ryan

You could do a coast to coast overflow (along the entire back) and then drill 2 holes on the back wall for the overflow. You could do it with either glass or acrylic. This would give you the surface skimming and would handle plenty of flow. If you really wanted to have fun you could do the same with an external overflow, but that would require making teeth on the back of the tank and you would have to use glass.

Thanks for the offer Rich! My buddy owns a glass shop here in town and for "adult beverages" he said he would do it for me. Ill let him screw it up. I should as him to start making tanks, LOL.

Now I just gotta get a good layout for holes. Im deciding whether its worth drilling a closed loop. Im still thinking about the coast to coast. Need to find someone whos done it. Later Ryan