I fall on the Pets/Pest side of the debate.

biomekanic

Setting up a nano Real Soon Now ( like in a few days probably ).

I'd like to do a mantis tank, the only local one small enough ( it's a 7g AGA bowfront ) is $30 at Aqua Serene. ( Amazing what they're charging for a hitchhiker they consider a pest ). I don't know the name of the sales guy ( medium height, thin, mustache, brown hair ring a bell? ) but he didn't want to sell me it... ( I was going to bargain him down ).

He's ordered a peacock ( O. scyallarus ) but I'm not putting one of those in a nano ( they may be tank breakers, but that's like keeping a St. Bernard in an efficiancy apartment. Sure, you can do it, but should you? ).

Anyone know of someone looking to ditch their hitchhiker?

Yeah, it sounds like Paul to me, too.

The owner would have been wearing a hat and been extremely rude! ;)

Oh, I know him on sight... and that's an accurate description of my experience with him.

Sean, a former sponsor, met him at a conference and he introduced himself to Sean as "Hi, I'm so and so, and I sell the most expensive fish in Oregon."

i have one in my 300 gallon tank... if you can get it out you can have it. **** i hate that thing being in there.

Hmmm... I had one in my 75g for over a year, he was harmless. ( Funny enough, he didn't come in on my FL liverock, but was a hitchhiker from the 'guaranteed pest free' live rock tank at a certain Serene Water store... )

I was able to lure him out ( I moved him to a nano so I could watch him better ) by feeding live brine.

That let me identify his lair, and I flushed him out with some soda water.

I know where his lair is... but there are about 3 pieces of liverock on top of it...

Do you think if i took a net put it over his lair and then used a turkey baster to shoot soda water into the hole that he'd come running out into the net all nice and easy like :) ?

sorry hi jacking your thread...