My 20H

jfly

Hey everyone. I posted on the old TRT web site that I was back in town and was referred to the new site. I see things have changed a lot in the last four years. :) Anyhow, my parents managed to keep my 20H alive for me while I was in the Army with basically just topoff water and fish food. Whenever I came home I did a big maintenance session, and in the last few weeks the tank is obviously looking a lot better. I had a few long hours of valonia picking with tweezers and whatnot, but overall the tank is doing well. I don't have an FTS at this point as the pictures were just me playing around with a new lens for my camera.

Equipment:

20H tank.

150W heater

Koralia 2

AquaClear 50 HOB filter (empty, just for flow and easy access for food, etc)

Sand (no idea how much... 4+" that I put in over 6 years ago)

Rock (also no real idea. Lots though)

2x32w 50/50 PC's. *I should really switch those to one act and one 10k

Livestock:

Lots of ricordia (that spread really far and killed most of my really cool zoos)

2 rather large toadstool leathers and 4 or 5 smaller babies.

1 Clarkii

1 cleaner shrimp

hermits, various snails and an astrea that makes my turbo snails look small.

xenia

gsp

various small zoo colonies

green sinularia that I just picked up at waves

pincushion leather (also new)

lots of different shrooms (red, orange, blue, green, eleph. ears, etc)

I'm in the midst of setting up a 40B with much better lighting, so we'll see where it goes from here.

post-3148-141867771302_thumb.jpg

post-3148-141867771305_thumb.jpg

post-3148-141867771308_thumb.jpg

So, I included a full shot of the tank with the stand and hood. It's been at my parents house and my mom somehow thinks that family pictures belong on top of the hood I made to match her oak cabinets. It's a reef tank mom! The pictures can go in a book, the tank gets to be displayed! :)

I'm having a bit of trouble with the white balance but the colors are pretty close unless there's a lot of sand in the picture. The clarkii does host in the toadstools, which is pretty fun to watch, but its a clarkii afterall... she'd probably host in my hand if I left in the tank long enough.

The whole tank is sitting on an old TV stand which is actually hand becuase the tank is small enough that I can very slowly roll it across the carpet if I need to get at the back side. However, as you can see from the shot of the HOB filter, there's not a lot back there. I've got my cables all routed nicely so I really dont need to do much to the tank. I've got an old auto topoff that I made in college but without a sump its just sitting there waiting for my new tank. I tried to rig it up the other day but I have way too much surface agitation.

Thanks for looking!

post-3148-141867739561_thumb.jpg

post-3148-141867739563_thumb.jpg

post-3148-141867739565_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...