Tank Drilling

mltnguyen

I wanted to get a feeler to see if there is anyone around the Aloha / Hillsboro area that has tools / knowledge to drill through a glass tank. I am looking to put a few holes that will fit ¾” and 1’ bulkheads. If not does anyone know of a good place I can take a tank to have the drilling performed?

I have a hole saw that I drilled my tank with. Actually it "belongs" to a person that does not come to this site very often any more, and I have offered to return it several times, and he has never responded to my offer.

If you want to come to Oregon City, or are planning on being at the Fenner presentation, I can loan you the saw. I have used it to drill a couple of holes. It is not hard, just keep the area wet, and don't put pressure, let the weight of the drill cut the hole. You can watch videos of people doing this on the web. Google "drilling glass aquarium" and see what you come up with.

If the tank is small enough, you can bring it to fenner a little early, and we can drill in the parking lot. Lots of fun for all.!!! :)

dsoz

What size do you have Dennis. I have hole saws for 1" and 3/4" bulkheads. If you feel up to DIY, we have you covered. I will be coming up for the Fenner Presentation on Sunday also.

Jay

The hole saws that I have are about 1 3/4 and 2 1/2 ACTUAL outside diameter. So I think they are used for 1.25 (maybe for a 1" schedule 40???) and 2" bulkhead. I know that I have two different size bulkheads that fit the smaller hole. One fits 1.25" pipe, and I think the other is 1" pipe.

dsoz