Everyones Favorite Fish Food?

R-3

So I was gonna place a order with Dr Foster and Smith or Petsmart, not sure yet to get a couple things. Mainly food. All i have right now is a pair of ocellaris so no to much to feed. I wanted to try out a couple foods i have seen lately and would like some peoples input. Right now all I am using is Mysis (which they LOVE) and a Ocen Nutrition Nano Pellet. I tried some of the Rods Reef and my fish really didnt take much to it. I was thinking about some ORA Glo, Tetra Cyclopeeze granules, Hikari Marine S, Hikari Freeze Dried Brine, etc....Thanks in advance

Well when it comes to food everyone has there opinion:D But as for my fish they only really eat Patricks Gumbo. Have been feeding it for over a year and they always chow down on it. I do also throw in a cube of mysis to feed the sun coral and the duncans when I spot feed. But only the shrimp go after taht stuff. Have tried Arcti Pods and the fish do not seem to like it much. Also have gotten a sample of the Aquadine from Waves and fish actually go for that. It is a dried flake type food.

Tetra Cyclopeeze granules

My fish like that stuff. Both clowns and the fox-face rabbitfish. Even the yellow tang gets in the action when I pull out the "bacon bits"

The clowns see the red can through the glass, and they start doing the "happy clown dance"

dsoz

I feed (all of this is on hand and much in the freezer, the wife loves it):

PE Mysis

Hikari Mysis

Rod's Food

Artic Pods

Krill

SF Bay's Carnivore Cuisine

Cycopleeze

Emerald Entree

Brine Spinularia

Daphnia

Glass worms

Aquadine (still going off the samples from Waves, I think it's time to buy)

Recently started adding Brown Seaweed as well. (got a tang)

I kind of rotate. I don't like to eat the same thing every day, why should my fish. I also feed at least three times a day, what can I say I like to watch the fish eat. It's fun! This is my hobby it's supposed to be fun right?

In fairness I also added a skimmer for twice my tank volume, run a refugium, and do 30% WC's weekly with new salt water, ad rotate 5g's a day from one of my other tanks. Nitrates finally under control.

R3 my clowns like the Carnivore cusine, PE mysis, hikari mysis, and aquadine the best

JME

Oh yeah' date=' Nori too[/quote']

Since you mentioned... I have always supplemented with just plain nori, but recently tried some Julian Sprung's purple sea veggies. All I can say is WOW. Never have seen my chromis and clown go crazy for algae. Tangs went absoultely crazy. The only thing that hasn't eaten it is the psychedlic goby. Stuff lasts forever too. It is alot thicker than nori and the fish really have to pick at it to get a piece, which the tangs really like!! I never thought I would be raving about a dried seaweed product, but here I am!! Seriously if you've got tangs this is the stuff!

My feeding method is a little different. I fed a varied, mixed diet for years. Frozen foods, flakes, pellets, fresh fish from market, nori, etc. Now I just feed one food. Spectrum. I feed the pellets 1-2 times a day. Thats all. Just a pinch. The fish go absolutly nutz over it and they look good and hold their weight well, including the rabbitfish. Couldnt be eaiser. Also, I battled diatoms forever. Could never find the source of them. Well, as soon as I quit feeding prepackaged frozen foods, they all but disapeared. Couldnt be happier with Spectrum foods.

Dennis

Does anyone in PDX carry it?

I havn't found it at any lfs yet. I actually found it at petco while I was making myself busy while the girlfriend was shopping for dog clothes(nutty). The one package has lasted me 6 months so far and is not anywhere near halfway gone. I think it was only like 5-6 dollars too. Here is a link for more info http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=5027

Hey ryan, u can get julian sprung products at petco.... in the foil packaging and the mixed in the container.... Also I seen it at upscales(the yellow cap mixed variety) ........fwiw only my tangs,rabbitfish, and angels eat this stuff.....the wrasses,clowns,pajama and baggaii cardinals have shown no interest in it....won't touch it.....

For fish food, I like to buy the seafood mix at roths and throw it in the blender with nori. Freeze it in mini ice trays and your set...you can even throw one in the in-laws drink when they come over...lol

For corals and such, I use spirulina brine(well, the fish too) My lps love it! That, and an occasional dose of reef-chili I bought to try.

Also have gotten a sample of the Aquadine from Waves and fish actually go for that. It is a dried flake type food.

Ditto on the Aquadine... most of my fish go nuts for it (clowns, chromis, hippo tang). The CUC all come out to devour the leftovers, too. It's nice to not have to bother with defrosting it, etc. Only my Banjii Cardinal doesn't like it, so I make sure to keep some PE mysis in the rotation for him.