school is out!!!!

dsoz

Get some tank pics. Right now I am pinning a virtual note to your shirt, Dennis.

It says: "Don't Forget The Camera". (whistle)(laugh)

Too late, I brought the tank home for summer today. I did remember my camera last Friday, and took some pictures. I have been looking for the cable to connect to the computer since. So here are the pictures

Three clowns from Dave (Two will stay, one will get moved to my co-teacher's tank at the end of summer).

grandfloralprade001.jpg

Side shot

grandfloralprade002.jpg

FTS

grandfloralprade003.jpg

You can see some of the frogspawn that I took out of my home tank, some zoas/palys and GSP that Spectra gave. There is also a Kenya tree (donated by Patrick at SWFS) that is not looking good, and has since melted away (my fault because a rock squished it while moving it to the tank, and it took me a while to notice it). So I will put a BIG piece of my kenya tree in the tank to replace it.

Now that it is at home, I can re-do the rockwork to make it better, and work in the DIY rock that I made last fall.

I am also going to crank out some more DIY rock so that the next TFT tank has some rock to start with. Once I have it cured, then maybe we can get some club members to put it in their tanks to aquaculture it to make it nice and live. I want to start the next person off with more than I got. :)

I am also going to post these same pictures in the tank build thread.

dsoz

Lucky for you all. I have five more days with kids. 4j ends next Wednesday, June 18th! I am a glutton for punishment. I will be doing summer school too. Starts the 7th of July. I will have some time but not tons. Wish I could move my tanks home but I have too much going in my room.

You were actually able to kill a kenya tree? I have a million in my tank if you need more!

Kris

Yes, I killed a Kenya Tree. I put it in a bucket with a powerhead the night before taking it to school. I leave the house about 6:15 to get there early enough to get some work done. Overnight the rocks that were in the bucket shifted, and the coral was squished between the bottom of the bucket and a rock all night long. I was hoping that only part of it died, and the other part would come back, but it is mostly gone now. :(

No, I don't need another, but thanks for the offer. I have a fairly large one in my home tank. I already had a piece cut off when Patrick gave me the big piece. So I still have a small frag in my home tank that I can just move over and let it get "rooted" into a rock. Then I'll never get rid of it.

dsoz