GTA4

R-3

Wow I have been playing GTA4 for a couple days now and all I can say is wow! This is hands down the most polished and detailed game I have ever played, seen or heard of. Even if you dont like the concept you have to admire its beauty. I havent even got to the multiplayer part yet but I heard that is out of this world. The AI is unlike no other. It feels like you are in a full blown living city.

Everywhere I have read has given it rave reviews like myself and I was just wondering if anyone has wasted half their week on this game :) Let me know what ya guys think about it. Later Ryan

I'm with ya on this one R-3. GTA IV is an excellent game so far.

Games are not just for kids - this is an adult game through and through, and it's spectacular. If games were for kids only, how can it be that I get paid to pay them? ;)

First of all this is the first GTA given 10/10 by IGN. It's the best game ever made. Games aren't just for kids these days.. Especially this one where you can pick up hookers, get lapdances (which is very realistic by the way), kill people, steal cars/boats/bikes/helicopters, get drunk, run from the cops, you name it.

It's amazing. I'm in love with this game. I can't wait to go home... It's only frickin 10:30AM though.

Ryan, you got it on PS3 or 360??

Have you read that through xbox live, the signs and billboards in the Times Square area updates to match current events, the TV commercials/shows/internet changes, etc... Sick!

On a side note Army of Two is great as well... (laugh)

I was with you until I read this :( (sad)

I totally meant to put a laugh like this : (laugh) after my statement. It's was meant to be sarcastic, but without the smiley... hahaha. Trust me Jeff, I wasn't impressed. I was anticipating it for months, and had very high hopes though...

Oh well. At least we have this... What do you do for a living exactly? (referring to your original post)

-Sam

I totally meant to put a laugh like this : (laugh) after my statement. It's was meant to be sarcastic, but without the smiley... hahaha. Trust me Jeff, I wasn't impressed. I was anticipating it for months, and had very high hopes though...

Oh well. At least we have this... What do you do for a living exactly? (referring to your original post)

-Sam

Ahh, ok then. You're redeemed :)

I'm actually a software engineer for a completely unrelated company, but I write for various websites as a game reviewer. I get fedexed games and then play them, write about them, get cash and the game :) All for doing something I'd do anyway :) My most recent review can be found at www.commonsensemedia.org for NBA Ballers: Chosen One - a website which informs parents about games so they can make smart choices about what their kids play. :) Those reviews are actually linked on Best Buy's site too - so it's a fairly big deal. And I like the fact that I get to discuss the game and let parents make the choice - rather than have people get all up in arms about games when they see violence or sex in them. If parents stay informed about things - they should be the ones who keep tabs on their kids.

Wow, that's awesome. I would absolutely love to do that. Nobody can give you grief for playing games too much, as you're getting paid for it. I'm very jealous!!!

How does "Chosen One" stack up to previous NBA Ballers titles? I was considering buying that game last week, but figured I'd be spending too much time with GTA IV anyway.... :)

Also, what games should I be looking for in the near future? I haven't been staying on top of it like I used to... I'm into shooters (1st and 3rd person), sports, and racing games. I don't play any RPG's.

Well, I have an 8yr old, and a 6yr old so no GTA4 for me. I played GTA3 and It was a fun game, but the kids weren't old enough to be interested in it back then.

My son would be ALL OVER it!

Lately we've been playing Mario Kart Wii. That game is like crack! I can't put it down for nothing, unless we're playing Endless Ocean. GREAT game for anyone in this hobby with kids.

• 2 weeks later...
[/b] Games aren't just for kids these days.. Especially this one where you can pick up hookers' date=' get lapdances (which is very realistic by the way), kill people, steal cars/boats/bikes/helicopters, get drunk, run from the cops, you name it.[/quote']

Ah....SAM..This IS the definition of childish behavior!

Wait a minute... Did you say "hookers"? Perchance with, dare I say it, Hooker Boots?(drooler)

SIGN ME UP!

The one thing I don't like, is that you can't make upgrades to your car until you pass level C ,B , A. Games prior you could hop up your car, tune the suspension, and engine as you played. I'm stuck on one level because my crappy car, that is box stock, dosent have enough umph to get up the hill's. But i will say..the graphics are awesome one PS3.

The one thing I don't like' date=' is that you can't make upgrades to your car until you pass level C ,B , A. Games prior you could hop up your car, tune the suspension, and engine as you played. I'm stuck on one level because my crappy car, that is box stock, dosent have enough umph to get up the hill's. But i will say..the graphics are awesome one PS3.[/quote']

Your thinking of Gran Turismo..... this is a GTA thread. DOH!