Volunteers for July "All Region" Tank Tours

Chief

We are looking for Volunteers for the July Northern tank tours. Sunday July 20th

We will be putting together a flyer with a picture and a bio of your tank along with directions to your home.

If you are interested please include a full tank shot, one paragraph bio, and your address in a PM to Chief.

This is a smaller commitment compared to a regular meeting as the tour goers will only be in your home for about 30 minutes max before heading to the next stop on the tour.

You do not have to have a mega-system to be on the tour. Every reef tank is successful in its own way ( except mine (laugh) ).

Thanks for helping make this Northern Tour successful.

Jay

• 3 weeks later...

We still need more volunteers for the Northern Tank Tours.

Calvin (kilmca) has volunteered for the tour. So far he is the only volunteer. We need more. Time to step up and show your tank. Any tank will do. From small nano's to the big behemoths.

Brandy,

To answer your question... Corvallis is too far south for this tour, BUT we could set up tours for all the areas. Eugene, Corvallis, Salem, and Portland. We could even break Portland up if we get enough volunteers.

Who's for opening up a big can of worms and setting up tours for all the areas???

Jay

Personally, I think a tank tour is a great idea, it just seems as though portland is viewed as the place to live if you are a member. I understand that more people may be members that live in th Portland Metro Area, but just to view members tanks in Portland, I don't believe it makes a very diverse group of members.

I am interested in members tanks that are custom to their needs more then someone spending $2000- $5000 and up and keep selling for trading because they always are looking for something better.

I think what is more interesting then the money spent, is the DIY of the hobby, and what can you do with what you have or can make. This is a great hobby and one of the things that make it great is the breeding and raising or growing your own food source for your tank, caring for sick tank occupants and fragging corals.

This hobby is no different then most others. If I own a classic car and worked on that car for months or years, I don't understand why I would continue to build it and spend money on it, when all I really wanted was one that someone already built....LOL. We all just do thing must differently, that is what makes us all unique.

Maybe what we need as a club is an annual swap meet at a park this summer with a BBQ ? Any takers ?

Let's plan on a tank tour in the Salem/Corvallis and surrounding areas, one in Eugene and one is Medford Area before the summer is over.

RANT, RANT, RANT,

Sorry

Hey thanks

Kevin

We can open up these tours to any area.

If you want to show your tank, just volunteer. If you live in Eugene, Corvallis, Salem, or the Portland Metro area. It does not matter.

We will have bio's and directions available for all the areas. With the price of gas these days, this will work perfectly.

Now is your chance to show everyone what you are so proud of. Your tank.

Please list what area you live in when volunteering.

Jay

I live near Barelycuda, he is about 1 mile away. I am not a paying member of the club but if you need more people for Vancouver I will let everyone come see my tank, Its nothing as grand as some Ive seen but I enjoy it very much.

Jay

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered. You will be hearing from me soon.

This is just a bump to remind everyone that time is running out to get on the tour. I will need some time to put together the brochures with everyones tank bios and directions to their houses.

Remember this is open to all areas. People can choose which area(s) they would like to see.

Thanks again everybody. You are what makes this club a success.

Jay

We may have talked about it at the last online Board Meeting.. I still have Location TBA (To Be Announced) on the main PNWMAS Calendar. No one else has offered to host the October meeting. We can always bring it up at the meeting Sunday. Maybe someone will offer having it at their place. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks to everyone who has volunteered. You will be hearing from me soon.

This is just a bump to remind everyone that time is running out to get on the tour. I will need some time to put together the brochures with everyones tank bios and directions to their houses.

Remember this is open to all areas. People can choose which area(s) they would like to see.

Thanks again everybody. You are what makes this club a success.

Jay

Time to start using the Ride Share Tread. Having somebody in the car knowing the area visited will help with finding the locations.