Zoos!!!

impur

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back to life! I had zoapox to go along with my AEFW. All are fine and cured now so i took some pics while still in QT

a3412.jpg

0da17.jpg

zoapox came in on these. I even QT'd them. i think i must have put my hand in the QT then into the display right after without drying my hand.

01hui9.jpg

How did you rid the pox? Twogirls is experiencing this right now.

Here is my newest additions

DSCF1146.jpg

and

DSCF1137.jpg

Can't seem to catch color very well with phone. Will use Aquariscope and camera tonight or tomorrow morning in hopes of getting better pic's. Second pic was dubbed Blue Hornets from the guy I got them from. I have been looking and looking for these online and coralpedia AKA zoaid with no results. I have noticed that they are starting to turn purple in my tank. After doing a little reading on coralpedia I am starting to wonder....pay attention to third paragraph to see what I am talking about. I know you can't tell from the pic but they are identical to the pic's 4, 6, and 7. Here is link to artical

http://www.coralpedia.com/articles005.php

Eric those look like alien eyes and AOI. Did you get them from someone with an established colony? They are a caribbean zoas and everyone i've ever known that had them watched as they slowely melted away, including me. But if yours make it, i've got some purple deaths and nuclear greens we can make a trade ;)

I sent twogirls a pm on how to treat the zoapox too :D

Sweet. Thank you for assisting Twogirls. Yes I got them from established colony. You may be correct on the first one's. The second picture doesn't give any justice to the color. What I do know is that they were from indonesia. They were going to be listed as Blue Hornets, which I think hornet is a little used up at this point. What I do know is that the source I got them from has experienced a total loss due to heater malfunction 2 days ago which brought his temp up to 104, he lost almost all corals and all of his fish. Now he wants to buy some back....hmm. But again, the first pic IS from an established colony which he has had for over 2 years. Started, according to him, with about 25 and now has over 400. Again, all according to my source. I find it a tad odd to have 375+ grow in 2 years but I can't dispute as I don't know enough

I don't get the blue hornet rage, its retarded. In 8-12 months all the serious zoa collectors will have them and they'll be $5-10 per polyp like all the other fade named zoas. Just look at purple deaths and nuclear greens. A year ago they were 20-50 a polyp. I just put my colonies up for $5 per polyp.

Those are definately AOIs though, notice the skirt does not alternate colors. Plus i've had those before.