Zoos!!!

impur

Ok well i've been very into zoos lately, trying to collect all my favs. I'm very close now! Just need some pinks and i've got that arranged right Stacy!! ;)

So here are my zoos. Lets see yours!!

PPE

P6290046.jpg

RPE

P6260036.jpg

alien eyes

P6080007.jpg

tubs blues

P4200147.jpg

dragon eye/misc orange and black

P2200207.jpg

blue center green skirt yellow mouth

P1110155.jpg

P1080129.jpg

bam bam orange and orange skirt yellow center

P1080128.jpg

some morph of eagle eyes

P8270353.jpg

fire and ice

P1010009.jpg

yellows

PB180049.jpg

solid yellows

P2220002.jpg

B-E-A-utiful zoas! You have some very nice pieces, that is for sure. And yeah, you will certainly be getting a frag of the pinks. You're next in line. Roy gave me some great advice about using a dremel with a diamond bit/tip/thingy for fragging, too. So I'm ready to bust into some rock... well, once Jay tells me where the dremel is and I get the bit.

Once all my new additions are happy I'll get an updated shot of my zoanthid garden. It's starting to get pretty massive! (laugh)

Stacy

Be careful using the dremel to frag zoos. Zoos tend to spray their nasty zoo juice all over the place if you hit them with the dremel. A buddy of mine was fragging some and tried to just cut right through the middle of them and ended up spraying himself in the face. Kinda sucked. I prefer the good old hammer and chisel for them alot less messy that way.

Be careful using the dremel to frag zoos. Zoos tend to spray their nasty zoo juice all over the place if you hit them with the dremel. A buddy of mine was fragging some and tried to just cut right through the middle of them and ended up spraying himself in the face. Kinda sucked. I prefer the good old hammer and chisel for them alot less messy that way.

I'll be careful! I'll try out the hammer and chisel, too! And of course wear my protective eye goggles and remind myself not to be a mouth breather! (laugh)

One of these days we need to have a workshop on fragging softies. The hard coral are easy in my opinion. Well, aside from the meat/donut corals and stuff. I don't know if you can frag them! Or brains! Course, I suppose you can frag anything if you set your mind to it! Oops! I dropped it! ;)

We will just wait until we have all had a bad day and take it out on some poor unsuspecting corals. I don't know if you can frag the brains with only one mouth. The closed brains Favia, Favites, Diplo and the like are quite easy to frag with the dremel. I always just score them with the dremel diamond wheel because they are usually quite thick and then take the hammer and chisel and finish it off. Acropora aren't nearly as stress relieving to frag they break to easy.(laugh)

• 1 month later...

I gotta question for ya... We have almost every one of those zoo's at our store..and people are always asking me what they are..as in those cool names you called 'em..they are very creative. Where can I find a site that will tell me what they are called?

I will try to get a zoa frag party going. I am working on it at this moment. I would assume the usual people will want in on it. Most of the sps frag partiers will probably do it again. Will keep you posted. I know some of those blue zoos of yours would reserve you a spot on the list!!!! heh heh heh LOL