Tunze Salt Mix

andy

I didn't know that Tunze makes salt.

It looks like they're serious about quality and consistency. I've been happy with Red Sea Coral Pro, but with the batch problems seen by Kent and IO lately I wonder if I'm not one bad bucket away from disaster. Knowing my salt was monitored by the batch would put my mind at ease a LOT.

Anyone played with this stuff?

EDIT: Jeebus, the stuff is expensive. 2x Red Sea Coral Pro. I guess testing each batch isn't free...

I wonder how much of a differnce this would actually make. I've used reef crystals and Instant ocean and could see no visible differnce in the 2 other than price. I just can't justify spending extra money for something that is supposed to be better. I have heard that some synthetic salts have more trace levels of unwanted nutrients than others, but aren't most tanks set up to remove these anyways?!! I guess I just have trouble spending so much extra money for a difference that I can't see with my own eyes or by testing tank water. I'm sure if I was to mix up different batches of salt and test before adding to tank I would get subtle differences but do these really amount to anything in the long run??