best anthias?

kuda

I've got Bartlett's. In my experience - they've been very easy to maintain. I had 1 male - 3 females in a 60G. The male was gorgeous, and constantly put on a show. I also noticed that the males tend to be the jumpers - as I've lost two (the dominant female swaps to male). They eat everything I put in the tank, and are always out and about and love to display for me.

I'm down to 1 male 1 female now - and will likely get 2 more females again once I get my eggcrate put in place.

I've got 5 females and 1 male of the Lyretail anthias in my 130g tank and they are doing great. The trick to keeping them alive any healthy is to feed them at least twice a day if not 3 or 4 times. I have had them in the past and only fed them nightly and the eventually all died off.

Rich

I have 2 Lyretails, and they are doing great on one feeding a day for months now.

Very lively and not shy at feeding time at all!

I used to feed 3 times a day at first, though, until they were well acclimated. They were a lot shyer at the beginning and would only eat a little at a time, but now they are just as greedy as the Chromis!