Pic of my tank and a question

Zoolander

I was under the impression these were Aptasias and that Peppermint Shrimp would eat them. I have two in there and so far they have not touched them. There are no fish in the tank yet so food is not being put into the tank. Are they just not hungry enough to eat them?

IMG_0138-1.jpg

And a pic of my crab because he's fun to watch.

IMG_0140.jpg

Falcula Butterfly.

It may munch down on your polyps though.

Are the Majano's isolated? If so, I would boil the rock, scrub it, and let dry out in the sun for a day or 2.

If not, there are a bunch of different methods to get rid of them, but it's going to be a long haul.

Kalk paste, Joes Juice, lemon juice also have been known to work well.

Unfortunately, 2 of the 3 rocks they are on contain other items. I was just told by a co-worker that powdered calcium and water from a syringe also works and my LFS carries it so I may as well try it and see. I will let you guys know what happens.

Another interesting way I read about was to put a shell on top of them so they move on top of the shell and then you remove the shell. Seems like a great method if you have absolutely nothing else to do but it was interesting.

I have used kalk paste. A can of pickleing lime is like $3. Add a little water so it is like tooth-paste (or thicker), and smear all over the suckers. Let it set until the paste falls off in a couple of days. Sometimes you need to repeat.

Super glue gel covering them also can work if they are small. Just be sure to smother the suckers.

dsoz

Super glue gel covering them also can work if they are small. Just be sure to smother the suckers.

dsoz

DUH! I can't believe I forgot about that little trick.

I got a teeny Aiptasia on the very bottom of a rock pile I need to smother.

Thanks for reminding me dsoz!

I did a kalk paste and it instantly killed them. The sad part was they spit some out when they died, killing a mushroom and about a dozen polyps. That part sucks but I got all the ones I could see. My only advice is be careful when you are administering the paste because it kills everything that ingests it.

Good luck with those. Kalk paste does not work. I have yet to try the super glue, but just might. Boiling lemon juice + a insulin syringe = disasterous for these guys. You do have to keep on them though. It is better when they are a little bigger then you can stab them in the stalk!

Happy majano hunting!

Kris