New to the site

Smann

Have been viewing the site for awhile so i thought i would go ahead and jump in. My name is Steve, we started our tank in April of 04 (actually it was supposed to be my wifes tank) its a 180 gal reef and did not go well at first. After the first 2 years and much frustration I was ready to give up, instead I moved it to a different location in the house, started over and things took off now we enjoy it very much. when I'm allowed I'll post some pictures

Looks like i can post some pictures now, I'm not sure how to do this but I'll give it a try

They only show up as attachments I can't get them into the body of the message

anyway if you can see them I built the stand and hood in my shop after we ordered the tank, this picture is in our family room nook after I moved it, the others are a little closer of the right, center, and left

post-2184-141867738377_thumb.jpg

post-2184-14186773838_thumb.jpg

post-2184-141867738382_thumb.jpg

post-2184-141867738383_thumb.jpg

where did you get the stained glass of the clown in the first picture? I am asking because I sometimes do stained glass as a hobby. It looks really nice there. The glow from the back of the tank lights it up great!

Let me know when you are pruning, I'd take a few frags. I just live across the bridge in OC.

dsoz

Have been viewing the site for awhile so i thought i would go ahead and jump in. My name is Steve' date=' we started our tank in April of 04 (actually it was supposed to be my wifes tank) its a 180 gal reef and did not go well at first. After the first 2 years and much frustration I was ready to give up, instead I moved it to a different location in the house, started over and things took off now we enjoy it very much. when I'm allowed I'll post some pictures[/quote']

Perhaps you can go into some more detail on what you are doing the second time around to make things more successful. Those just starting out can always benefit from the tribulations of others! Thanks in advance.