Whats your funny fish to fish interaction stories?

city hunter

We all have them. I have a highly populated 42 gallon cad lights peninsula from memory. 20gish sump. I run it very heavy on fish. 3 midas blennies from big to medium big to medium, 2 pearly jawfish one smallish one bigish, a fat bicolor blenny, a fat tail spot blenny, a decent sized mystery wrasse, a pintail wrasse a bit bigger then him, and a flame angel. possibly 2 small pearlys still in the tank hiding somewhere, but I doubt it.

It's a heavy populated tank, and by far has cracked me up the most is my flame angel and my mystery wrasse. They will have constant sessions of floating sideways together trying to gain dominance over territory all over the back of the tank. Both of them seem to think they own the back half of the tank. There is no chasing, but they flare up and float sideways to each other. I gotta say, that flame angel is a spunky sob. the ol mystery puts up a good fight, and is 100x the bristleworm eater that my sixline is. Oh yeah, I have a sixline in my sump. Withing 5 minutes of putting my myster in my tank which had a ton of bristle worms "which honestly I didnt mine" it had one in its mouth.

My new favorite interaction is with this midas I got from a owner who was breaking down his tank. Recently, he likes to swim into my crappy little frag rack, and rest halfway through one of the holes. The first time I saw this I thought he was stuck lol.

I also have the small jawfish who literally covers his hole with a rock at night. I think mainly because the fighting conch's bulldoze that corner of the tank every day lol.

what are your goofy fish interactions with each other?

as im writing this, I just realized my pintail wrasse has dug a hole under my magnet cleaner which I left on the bottom left of the front of the tank and is sleeping there. this tank never seizes to amaze.

Edited by city hunter
update
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would say the regal hippo tang I had. I guess it got territorial and decided to take coral frags in my tank and bring them to the high column of my tank and just drop them. Like it was rearranging furniture or trying to send a message. Or diamonds goby getting passed off and spitting sand on corals till you can find them.those were my older fish. Now my Darwin clowns like to push corals over because they want to lay eggs in a spot that's taken. 🤷 fish are just weird. 

• Haha 1

they are fun. Love the tang story. I dont think I've ever seen one  move frags around lol.

That had me thinking, about 20 years ago, I had a midas blenny who would take any hermit grab near his hole in my 75g and send it to the other side of the tank.

Then I remember when my fancy new big radiant wrasse, sucked down my cleaner shrimp and was swimming around the tank with its tentacles hanging half a inch out of its mouth.

Back when I had my tank, my favorite was watching my diamond goby at bedtime when he would dive through the sandpile he spent an hour building to finally hide for the night.  Here's a slow-motion video of the dive, and the confused look on the anthias watching him disappear: