Easy water station

reefrun

Thought I’d share my new water station set up, because I struggled to find examples online for something this… maybe it will help someone else 

I was looking for something that fit the below criteria:

- fit in a bedroom closet
     - water containers as large as possible in my small space, with large openings for cleaning          
     - as disaster proof as possible (I’m notorious for bad luck)
      - water changes are so easy that I’ll actually do the regularly 

After looking everywhere for containers that fit what I needed, they all cost like $250 each so I opted for the 20 gallon brute cans

I didn’t want to deal with a lot of plumbing (more things that can go wrong lol), so we opted to run a split RODI line directly to the brutes with a float valve in each.. one is for ATO water and the other I add salt (with a heater and power head inside). I have a valve at the bottom of each to access the water.. easy peasy 

Then to help with water changes I decided to use 2 more 20 gallon brute cans with the wheel base accessory, a Sicce Ultra Zero Utility Pump, a Python hose, Python No Spill hook, and a remote control outlet plug I hit from Anazon… this was the magic part for me.

I can just plop the pump into the tank and push the button on the remote to run the pump and to turn it off, I then plop the pump into the brute with dirty water and push the button to pump it down the drain. I open the valve in the saltwater Brute and just let it drain into the empty one, wheel it over to the tank, plop in the sicce and push the button to pump the fresh saltwater to the tank, and another push if the button to turn the pump off. Done

IMG_1997.jpeg

IMG_2067.jpegIMG_2068.jpegIMG_2069.jpegIMG_2070.jpeg

I’ve had it up and running for a few weeks and I’m loving it!

• Like 6

On 9/9/2023 at 10:20 AM, reefrun said:

Then to help with water changes I decided to use 2 more 20 gallon brute cans with the wheel base accessory, a Sicce Ultra Zero Utility Pump, a Python hose, Python No Spill hook, and a remote control outlet plug I hit from Anazon… this was the magic part for me.

I can just plop the pump into the tank and push the button on the remote to run the pump and to turn it off, I then plop the pump into the brute with dirty water and push the button to pump it down the drain. I open the valve in the saltwater Brute and just let it drain into the empty one, wheel it over to the tank, plop in the sicce and push the button to pump the fresh saltwater to the tank, and another push if the button to turn the pump off. Done

Congratulations!   I agree, If you can make water changes SIMPLE and EASY, they get delayed and skipped.  Even in my remodeled fishroom, it's not as easy - because I don't have a drain close.    I'm thinking your Brute on Wheels, and Sicce utility pump could fix that for me too.   THANKS!

You found the magic of Gravity, which I've put in my own mixing station too.   Put the water reservoirs up high enough that a ball value at the bottom is higher than your container to fill.  Gravity is FAST if you open a 1" ball valve.   I fill up a 5 gallon bucket in like 10seconds.  Fresh or Salt water.   You put yours high enough to fill your Brute-on-wheels.   Fantastic!

• Like 1