Coral Collection seeking an idea of sellable value

Floatingthrulife

Hey all,

We are in Hillsboro.
If this is in the wrong topic, I apologize.
I am looking for some direction. My husband while in college, many years ago, had a small fish business. He still has some of his coral collection that we’ve moved around though years but left packed away. We are moving to a much smaller place so taking them with us is a no go. 

It would be cool to just find a person that would buy it all at once but we have no idea what to offer. We want something that would be fair to everyone. 

I’ve included pictures as there are several sizes. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback. 

A8C940F2-F354-4985-B70D-018CA8E1ADA9.jpeg

0F0B8340-31E5-4BAE-9821-A18CDC89E9F1.jpeg

23D0D78A-9A8A-4712-B409-6BFD4009F543.jpeg

E03EE689-722D-41F4-A7FB-BD9CE5E01B17.jpeg

99F0D246-C57D-41E8-97CB-3B68C4CE2363.jpeg

Edited by Floatingthrulife
request of location and price.
  • Like 1

• Floatingthrulife changed the title to Coral Collection seeking an idea of sellable value
55 minutes ago, islandVib3s said:

In order for us to approve this post we need a price and location to make it easier. 

I really have no idea what to sell them for and hoped for some feedback. I can’t find much while searching so I thought this amazing group would help me figure it out. It was recommended I seek the groups input. 

On 12/21/2022 at 7:11 PM, Floatingthrulife said:

What about is familiar. It’s the first time I’ve had them out of their box in 15yrs. Maybe I’m misunderstanding your comment. 

I think he just means that we recognize the structure from corals he has had.  I don’t think this is the right site to find the value. For us a coral skeleton is a bad thing because it means one of our corals has died and like Dave mentioned most of us reuse it. I have seen them for sale at touristy places I have travelled and the prices sometimes are insanely high.  You won’t get that here. I would suggest you just Google coral skeleton. Here is one on Wayfair for a crazy price . Good luck with sale. 
76079A6F-4E23-4ADC-AE91-449EEFB00D11.jpeg