My 55+ Gallon Money Pit

andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice Acan Photo

Nice Acan and great photo!

I am a big fan of Seahorse. Isaac and Woody sold me all my live rock and a ton of gear. Their advice is very solid and it helped to dig me very deep into this addiction.

I would also like to vote for a full tank shot(whistle)

Nice pics (as always) Andy. I love that favia and chalice! If you ever have the time and inclination, I would be happy to ply you with some microbrews or something to get your photo tips. I unfortunately couldn't make the club meeting where you presented...

Keep on posting!

Sean

Full Tank Shot

Here we go, FTS. The right hand side is a bit bare, I'm hoping the Duncan grows and fills the space... though an Elegance would look sweet there. Are they still weirdly sensitive, or are we seeing tougher specimens show up again?

post-81-141867743541_thumb.jpg

Tank looks great, Andy. Really nice. From the way you talked, I was expecting a bunch of brown sticks. (scratch)

Waves has had some hardy elegance corals for the last few months, too. Have not bit the bullet for one yet... they seem kinda steep to me. But, nice looking anenome-like qualities.

Oh, the brown sticks are in there you just can't zoom in to see them ;) Thanks though, I know it isn't the disaster I sometimes make it out to be... I just get tired of stuff not making it past the first week. One thing's for sure, I'll never buy another frag that isn't encrusting the frag plug. IME frags that are encrusting (particularly acros) have a much, MUCH higher survival rate than those just broken off and glued yesterday.

• 1 month later...

My Oregon Tort and Grape(?) Monti are battling it out. If only the tort would put the same amount of effort into growing upwards:

3485446718_c2cc2f1e1c_b.jpg

The Lobo I got from Roy (Stylaster). Thanks again, Roy :)

3484631979_a510a90095_b.jpg

One half of the A. tenuis frag I got from Impur (thanks!). Like an idiot, I broke it in half. This half is doing well, and is coloring up nicely. If anyone has any tricks for getting better blues in aquarium pics, LMK (scratch)

3485470560_4748286bb8.jpg

Here's the other half, not doing as well even though it's at the same level in the tank:

3485470606_5081d9334a.jpg