My 55+ Gallon Money Pit

andy

I love the lobo! Those things are really growing on me. Have you thought about moving the Oregon tort so that it doesn't get overgrown? Cool pics! I love seeing pics!

It's a stalemate right now. You can't see it in that pic, but the tort has burned the edge of the monti clean and white. You're right though, the monti is faster growing and will probably win in the long run right?

It's a stalemate right now. You can't see it in that pic' date=' but the tort has burned the edge of the monti clean and white. You're right though, the monti is faster growing and will probably win in the long run right?[/quote']

I would imagine so. I am a big fan of the OR tort so I would personally not let the monti do what it does best and overtake the tort. They are both super cool corals so either way the growth is awesome.

I'm getting sick of this crap. Woke up this morning to find my sump almost overflowing. For some reason, my ACjr decided to ignore the float switch and trigger the ATO at random. It kept on doing it even after I unplugged the serial port/external sensor from the unit (flame)

The SG dropped 3 ppt; not the end of the world, easy to fix. Who knows what's up with the frikken ACjr. (threaten)

It's a stalemate right now. You can't see it in that pic' date=' but the tort has burned the edge of the monti clean and white. You're right though, the monti is faster growing and will probably win in the long run right?[/quote']

I had a Sunset and a Pink Lemonade similarly close and the Sunset singed the Lemonade pretty good. No visible damage to the Sunset. So, I would think the monti would win. Given the cost of the OR Tort, I would say it's worth moving.

Think scary thing about coral wars is how quickly it can culminate. You could wake up tomorrow and your OR Tort could be nothing but a white stick (scary)

Unfortunately, the ACjr knew it was toggling the output -- the icon on the display showed the correct status. I had a similar problem when I first got it. I reset the unit and all was fine. I'll just have to try that again. Probably some extremely intermittent bug in the state machine.

Unfortunately' date=' the ACjr knew it was toggling the output -- the icon on the display showed the correct status. I had a similar problem when I first got it. I reset the unit and all was fine. I'll just have to try that again. Probably some extremely intermittent bug in the state machine.[/quote']

Interesting... yeah, sounds like a CPU glitch. Hope the reset works for you! Doesn't exactly do much for one's peace of mind though...

Exactly, I'm considering switching to a relay driven ATO... though to be fair, one glitch in almost 3 years of constant use isn't a terrible error rate. I doubt many other consumer-grade embedded systems can boast of better.

Yeah threw the whole thing in there at once. It was funny to watch the star float to the bottom then all of a sudden its march of the dummies and the shrimp came out of the rocks(laugh) They just are so slow and watching them flip it over is neat also. If it was a really big star it took them a while. When I had my 90 set up I would watch a shrimp ride the star up the side of the tank:eek: