Maxi Jet Modsters Question???

R-3

So I was rummaging through my fish tank stuff and found like 3 different MJ's. Two the impellers are broke and the other is missing. I was wondering do the motors ever go bad? I wanna order MJ mods for all of them. I figured a stock impeller costs about the same. Any info would be nice. Thanks Ryan

I'm assuming that you still have the magnets since the mod kits do not include these. I really like my gulf stream kits from www.tritonaquatics.com . It increased the flow of a MJ 1200 to 2500gph and it come with a pivoting ball mount that connects to the slot in the MJ.

First they do come with magnets, second, I highly recommend them, I just got 6 of the sure flo's and they are just about the same as the mods I built... but no effort.

They are currently at premium aquatics and they are $15 each, 1 magnet, 2 props, shroud, and adj. mount

The gulf stream kits do not come with the magnets.

First they do come with magnets, second, I highly recommend them, I just got 6 of the sure flo's and they are just about the same as the mods I built... but no effort.

They are currently at premium aquatics and they are $15 each, 1 magnet, 2 props, shroud, and adj. mount

First they do come with magnets' date=' second, I highly recommend them, I just got 6 of the sure flo's and they are just about the same as the mods I built... but no effort.

I am referring to the sure flo's.

Just remember both these use the same prop and same pump... I'm sure the differences are in testing methods, I can run a mjmod with no shroud and these sure flows put out almost the same water volume force. I think actually they put out more just not as spread as without any shroud at all. Whatever one you decide there both based on the same principal and Im sure the results are great. If you really needed more output you could easily remove a couple of the shroud slits but I can't see you getting much more out of it.

Ryan i got a couple of the sureflos with Nyles and they are really cool! The swivel mount is great. They give you 2 props, one does 1600gph and the other over 2000gph they claim. I'm using one to mix my SW right now for a WC and i'm really impressed. Quiet as can be. I plugged it into the killowatt and its running at about 15.5 watts with the 1600gph prop. It restarts really quietly, i'm thinking you could run these on a wavemaker.