Calling all aqua culturists! Hello from Federal Way, WA!

Jumping back into the hobby after long break (work and family).

Previous experience mostly with fish and soft corals. Have been amazed at the improvement and adoption of LED lighting and other reef keeping technology.

Primary interest in learning / experimenting / succeeding with breeding clownfish, cardinals, and gobies, dottyback and blennies...maybe seahorses?

Please reach out if this is an area of interest and experience as this is a goal that has been delayed for so long!

Summer is arriving so hopefully there will be in-person socializing as well.

• Like 1

Welcome Back!   Always great to see aqua culturists, especially when they post pictures, experiences, setups, and learnings.    Looking forward to reading about some of yours.

Right now, I'm a phyto and pod farmer.  Nothing more.  Still trying to figure out the needs of one feeding the other/etc.

4 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Welcome Back!   Always great to see aqua culturists, especially when they post pictures, experiences, setups, and learnings.    Looking forward to reading about some of yours.

Right now, I'm a phyto and pod farmer.  Nothing more.  Still trying to figure out the needs of one feeding the other/etc.

Thanks for the welcome and info.  My second goal will be to follow the copepod / rotifer / phyto farming for the fish fry AND.... keeping a healthy pair of mandarin goby would be my follow on goal... the most amazing coloration on a fish I have ever seen...

I saw your phyto farm set up... what pump are you using to drive all the containers?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

simple Eheim: Quiet Air Pump 200 (s), except I'm not thrilled with the volume it produces.  I'm planning an upgrade to better airflow soon.

BTW - My all time favorite airpump is the legacy Tetra Luft pump.  I'm using one of them as well on the setup.

image.png