Anyone running a 36w uv?

islandVib3s

I'm working on a build. 108 gallon and plan on making my UV a closed loop setup in display.  36w jebao uv. Recommended flow is 400-800gph and curious to what pple are running,and whats a good external pump to run it thats not crazy loud . Im thinking around the 600gph range but looking to get ideas. I will be drilling holes in backwall for bulkhead only for the uv. Thanks in advance. Still alot left to do but have most of my corals in my frag systems waiting on me lol.20220524_010607.jpg

Jebao DCP series works external and is adjustable. I use a 4000 on my 55w UV unit (turned down). Mine is submerged but I have a large 15000 for my mixing station external and haven’t had any issues with it leaking. Very quiet pumps and budget friendly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue Z Reef said:

Jebao DCP series works external and is adjustable. I use a 4000 on my 55w UV unit (turned down). Mine is submerged but I have a large 15000 for my mixing station external and haven’t had any issues with it leaking. Very quiet pumps and budget friendly.

Sweet, I have a dcp, ill switch out pumps to have that one for my uv. Thx bro

Unless you already have it, I would skip the Jebao UV. Or at least know that there have been several production runs where the plastic was degrading.  I have a MONSTER DCP that I am using as an external pump on my closed loop setup.  Have been very very very very happy with it.  5,000 GPH and completely silent for $220?  yes please! 

Also, when calculating flow remember that in a closed loop system there is absolutely no flow reduction due to head loss.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Unless you already have it, I would skip the Jebao UV. Or at least know that there have been several production runs where the plastic was degrading.  I have a MONSTER DCP that I am using as an external pump on my closed loop setup.  Have been very very very very happy with it.  5,000 GPH and completely silent for $220?  yes please! 

Also, when calculating flow remember that in a closed loop system there is absolutely no flow reduction due to head loss.  

Thx bud.ill definitely check to see,but hopefully its not one of them,I just purchased it new online lol. Also I think you made this tank. I got it second hand.