Fish/tank room!!!

islandVib3s

Well my roommate moved out and I was stuck between getting another roommate or making it my fish room,lol later maybe 8hrs. Fish room it is! Currently working on my frag tank setup. 50 lowboy,will drain into a 20T refugium display and drain into a 40breeder sump. My custom stand is coming along pretty well. 36in high and will house the 20 and 40 right under it.i also did a little over hang which I think is pretty cool. More pics and updates to fallow, just made a stop at HD and will have to wait till this Sunday for holesaw kit delivery for the 20t overflow box. Im pretty excited. Hopefully this system runs aswell as my 40B. Had to upgrade my water making/mixing system. Went from (2) 15g to (2)32g. I opted out from the brutes to the roughnecks.  Both are Rubbermaid same thickness plastic stuff but half the price lol.20211001_152226.jpg20211001_152228.jpg

Yea I know they say frag/grow tanks aren't supposed to be pretty but I figured why not have both lol, I just cut up some 1.5in pipe to lift the 38in eggcrate off the bottom . Its going to have (2)3/4 drains in bottom panel w/stand in pipes and 1 will be emergency. Ill add a baffle to protect and keep it caged to avoid bumping. 1/2 return for high flow and 2 power heads on opposite sides of return and high as the return will be low to mid. Back to HD because I forgot zipties and they charged me twice for 1 par 38 blue led bulb which im going to return because its trash lolScreenshot_20211001-171915_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211001-171919_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211001-171925_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211001-171928_Gallery.jpg

4 hours ago, Parzifal said:

In general no, corals don’t utilize that spectrum so much for growth.   

but it’s great for Halloween. 

Lol ill just wait for my royal blues to come in from aliexpress then ill switch them out lol.it does make the reds pop but ehhhh

2 hours ago, islandVib3s said:

Lol ill just wait for my royal blues to come in from aliexpress then ill switch them out lol.it does make the reds pop but ehhhh

Lots of people keep them for that reason.  The all blue can really wash some of that out.  I like a bit of red and purple in the mix visually.

nice work on the drilling.   Looks like almost perfect cuts with very little tearing. Better than I did at least!

• Thanks 1

Well I have everything sealed,threaded...time to fill and just let it cycle. Also have to do some cord management, waiting on my AI SOL controller...YES I found 2 on reef2reef lol I only needed 1 but ill get the other newer model he has later for a backup since I have 4 old SOLs ,also waiting on my mp10 motor..I bought it used and let's just say it wasn't a quiet drive,wetside ceramic was cracked and gone,bearings were also shot.i have a 480gph return pump but ordered a 800ghp just incase its not enough.  I should have it up and running before the fight tonight.maybe ill throw in some cheato in the 20gallon refugium also,why not lol..im making more water now. I almost filled the breeder(sump)last night and added a bunch of rock and bio rock I had marinating in my other running tanks for about 2 months so that should help population. Lol also noticed pods already so thats positive Screenshot_20211009-124953_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211009-124943_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211009-124931_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211009-124937_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211009-124927_Gallery.jpg

Its ALIVE!!! lol somehow I made a raft so I had to add rock onto my frag rack to keep it down.lol time to let it cycle and get the ph to stabilize before I start the farming in it. Oh maybe ill wait before adding the cheato. Loudest thing is the return pump humming.🤨 well at least it isn't in my bedroom or living room lol.anyone have dragons breath?Screenshot_20211009-163705_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211009-163712_Gallery.jpg

Well filled it up last night and woke up to the PH @ 8.0 so I stocked it with some of my over flow and they're all loving it so far.  Lol I have my sols mounted at 3-4 ft above the top rim because my controller hasn't arrived yet. Im so excited, now I have the extra space in my main tanks and now I can farm lol I still need to do some organizing and cord management. Ill also make a control board and maybe a shelf inside the cabinet to house all the power stuff, no leaks atm but on the bright side if something does leak itll fall into the sump. LolScreenshot_20211010-162546_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211010-162534_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211010-162528_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211010-162524_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1