Dorm Tank Build

quantum_reefer

IM10 is a great tank........... you will only need a 3 in there if even that it depends on what your stocking it with.......... you can always just upgrade the return pump and go with a spin stream......... they work great......... I ran a IM10 with one and also a upgraded pump..........

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spectra said:

IM10 is a great tank........... you will only need a 3 in there if even that it depends on what your stocking it with.......... you can always just upgrade the return pump and go with a spin stream......... they work great......... I ran a IM10 with one and also a upgraded pump..........

Plan is to go with a ton of nems and some clowns. Idea is that when I'm back home for a week or two I can throw on the auto feeder and the clowns + nems will be fed due to their symbiotic relationship. Stock pump should be enough for circulation with the nero 3 providing most of the wavy flowy action

Edited by quantum_reefer

• 2 weeks later...
  • quantum_reefer changed the title to Dorm Tank Build
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, islandVib3s said:

Might be diatoms. But if you have a microscope you'll be able to identify better. Lol I just ordered a microscope.  I think it'll be beneficial for this hobby. 

https://reeftankresource.com/diatoms-vs-dinoflagellates-reef-tank-identification-and-treatment/

Found this link, most likely it's diatoms since it is a newer tank :)

43 minutes ago, islandVib3s said:

Might be diatoms. But if you have a microscope you'll be able to identify better. Lol I just ordered a microscope.  I think it'll be beneficial for this hobby. 

@islandVib3s - What scope did you order, and from where?   I'm starting to wonder if I need one as well.  (John's been awesome scoping samples from my tank, just thinking I may want a more Real-Time option for myself.)

4 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

@islandVib3s - What scope did you order, and from where?   I'm starting to wonder if I need one as well.  (John's been awesome scoping samples from my tank, just thinking I may want a more Real-Time option for myself.)

Amazon. I liked this one because you can plug it in or use batteries for the light, also comes with a phone mount.Screenshot_20211031-223034_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Like 1