Finally Joining the Smart Kids

Tandor69

So finally had time to hook up the Trident. Went through the setup process in the app just as the videos show. It primes the reagents just fine, but won't draw the sample water. I removed the sample line from the barb and blew bubbles, even sucked a tiny bit of water in 🤢. Hooked everything back up. Went through Neptune's trouble shooting guide and still no luck. Created a help ticket. I am so bummed. Love the apex though.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Tandor69 said:

So finally had time to hook up the Trident. Went through the setup process in the app just as the videos show. It primes the reagents just fine, but won't draw the sample water. I removed the sample line from the barb and blew bubbles, even sucked a tiny bit of water in 🤢. Hooked everything back up. Went through Neptune's trouble shooting guide and still no luck. Created a help ticket. I am so bummed. Love the apex though.

Pull out the reagent tray and look inside the Trident to see if any tubes are disconnected from the internal mechanics.  I believe the sample line is at the 10 o'clock position in this photo, and the waste line is at 2 o'clock:

IMG_6315.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tandor69 said:

That’s frustrating and disappointing .. it’s like getting a new toy for xmas and having it not work ...:comp:. At least they have good customer service.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuncrestReef said:

Pull out the reagent tray and look inside the Trident to see if any tubes are disconnected from the internal mechanics.  I believe the sample line is at the 10 o'clock position in this photo, and the waste line is at 2 o'clock:

IMG_6315.jpg

Yup I have done that. Watched it go through initialization I can see the solenoids click in and out, watched the reagents travel into the cuvette and back out to the waste container. Unless the supply line is disconnected or kinked between the mechanisms and the back wall where you can't see. Not sure why it won't draw water. Kinda neat to see how it works. 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Tandor69 said:

Success! Spoke with Neptune support and they walked me through clearing out the sample line from the manifold to where the sample line hooks to the trident and now it is drawing water! 

Did this require removing the outer shell to get to the manifold connections?

6 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Did this require removing the outer shell to get to the manifold connections?

Yes it did. I feel like they could have emailed me the directions but I can understand how they might not want everyone just poking around in there. I had to disconnect the tube from the manifold and solinoid and use a syringe to blast water back through the line. Then hooked everything back up and it started to initialize. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tandor69 said:

Yes it did. I feel like they could have emailed me the directions but I can understand how they might not want everyone just poking around in there. I had to disconnect the tube from the manifold and solinoid and use a syringe to blast water back through the line. Then hooked everything back up and it started to initialize. 

It amazes me with all the moving parts on the Trident that there aren’t more issues. I mean that in a good way in how difficult it is to get an automatic tester at that price point. Glad you got it working.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

It amazes me with all the moving parts on the Trident that there aren’t more issues. I mean that in a good way in how difficult it is to get an automatic tester at that price point. Glad you got it working.

I agree. It is cool to watch how everything worked together.

• Like 1