Apex Data Graphing, The Manual Way

obrien.david.j

@SuncrestReef and I were in a different thread, that branched into graphing Apex data manually.    I'm starting this thread to continue that discussion cleanly.

Summary:  John pasted an excel graph that he manually created.  I lamented not knowing any automated Apex Datalog Extractor code.  John replied with some links, but none were out of the box solutions.   I decided to just give it a go manually.   

On 1/3/2020 at 2:44 PM, SuncrestReef said:

I downloaded all datalog and outlogs from my Apex.   Looks like it stored Nov 26, 2019 - Jan 5, 2020 worth of data.     Then manipulated into data I could graph.  Wasn't simple, ran though Excel, then SAS-JMP.  Was complicated by me re-naming my inputs a month ago, and both old and new names were recorded.  

I'll do a walk through of the steps in a post tonight.   And show the results in a second...

(Source Thread: 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I've created an excel file, which auto connects to your apex, downloads data, freeze it, and do basic formatting.   I run it (manually) about every 3 weeks, because thats about as long as my apex stores data.    With a big tab of data, I can then manipulate it into graphs (like above) when I'm interested.    1yrs worth of data just about breaks my PC.

But at least I'm capable of looking back for trends when I'm trying to solve a problem.

I'm happy to share the basic excel, how to configure it to your network, and how to run it.   It's a bit finicky, but works.   It does require Windows Excel 365, latest version.  (no luck on a mac)