Frags in Portland?

Hey NW reefers. I am a fellow reefer from TX. I am on vacay with my family in Cannon Beach and then on to Portland Friday through early next week. Would love to take a few frags back with me to Texas. Any unique corals out there someone wants to frag and sell? Would probably pick up Monday night or Tuesday AM. Thanks! 

• Like 1

I'm sure other will speak up as to what they have but if zoanthids are your thing i have a small reef shop in Hillsboro called Paradise Coral, right off Hwy 26 as your headed to Portland......a few pics to follow. If there is a certain coral your after your best bet is to spell it out and see if another member has it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone! @lewisriverfisherman I am looking mainly for SPS corals. Would love to get an Oregon tort. Got one from a local reefer in Dallas I thought was one but I’m not sure it’s a true one. Has some greenish hues to the base. I think it’s a Cali Tort. 

Good call on Cuttlefish and Corals. Heard it’s a great store. 

@MrBret your store looks amazing! We will be passing right by your store tomorrow on our way to Portland but unfortunately we aren’t flying out until Tuesday.  

22 minutes ago, LoneStarReefer said:

Thanks everyone! @lewisriverfisherman I am looking mainly for SPS corals. Would love to get an Oregon tort. Got one from a local reefer in Dallas I thought was one but I’m not sure it’s a true one. Has some greenish hues to the base. I think it’s a Cali Tort. 

Good call on Cuttlefish and Corals. Heard it’s a great store. 

@MrBret your store looks amazing! We will be passing right by your store tomorrow on our way to Portland but unfortunately we aren’t flying out until Tuesday.  

That sounds like California tort to me that you have, it should be all blue.  I know there is a few people that have this coral around on the forum. I unfortunately lost mine in a mini crash, it was a sad day as I only paid $30 for  a nice frag of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, CuttleFishandCoral said:

There is a lot of great local hobbyist that I’m surprised haven’t spoke up yet. The northwest is full of great homegrown corals that I’m sure are different then the ones in Texas. Rudy’s(golden basket) place is awesome but has limited hours so check before u go. 

Thanks! I would love to come by your store but I am only able to stop by on Monday. Oh well! I am out here quite a bit. Maybe next time. Online pics look amazing  

Thanks for the heads up on Rudy’s place. Will definitely check it out.