R.I.P. Crazy the Cat

CrabbyCrabs

Rest in peace Crazy. TOD 12:06pm 10/28/18 at home in peace. Best cat ever. She got me through some very rough times over the last 19 years. Born in Wisconsin, adopted her out of Eau Claire Wisconsin when I moved there for my senior year of high school. She will be missed by everyone, she was one of a kind. I wish her Godspeed over the rainbow bridge to be reunited with her best animal friend, a shih tzu name Sen Chen,and also my Grandma S. and my Dad. I'm sure my Grandma is carving her up a steak as I'm writing this. Or she's using herself as bait to catch a bird. You will be missed Crazy and I will see you again some day. 

IMG_20181021_152304210.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Thank you for the words. I'm a cat person. So much so that my girlfriend rescued a 9 year old fatty from a shelter and less than 2 months later had a blockage that I paid $8k plus to correct. I've rescued and home a few cats. One I found in the middle of the street at night that was no more than 5 weeks old. Found another in a dumpster. Took in my Grandma's cat after she passed, also a Wisconsin cat. Found a very unhealthy dog in the woods outside woodland wa that I rehomed. Went to the same home as the kitten found in the middle of the street even. I've been a magnet for finding animals in need of a home. Needless to say I no longer have a budget for expanding my tanks as that was used up today 😿. I still have the reefer 350 I need to re-home.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fishoutawater said:

I too experienced the loss of our cat. After the Frag show at 3 pm.She was a rescue. Precious was her name. Her lungs filled with fluid and wasn’t able to get oxygen. 16 years of fun and fur. Dove Lewis did a great job handling everything.

Very sorry to hear of your loss as well.  Dove Lewis has been good to us as well.  Also the Compasionate Care (in home) people are fantastic. Do their best to make for a respectful and peaceful process. 

I used Compassionate Care too. Rebecca was exceptional and highly recommend her. She allowed my cat to finish sun bathing, ate some chicken nuggets, drank water from her favorite place(the sink) and settle into her cat bed at the top of the stairs. Then waited for us to give the ok. Very respectful, listened, calm, quiet. When possible I recommend, and will use, in home euthanasia. Way less stress than dragging a pet to a crowded vet with barking dogs. Especially cats. I also highly recommend Family Animal Services for cremation. I was originally going to use dignified but they have serious communication issues and their website says one thing they do another. They make you have an appointment for witnessed cremation that may be days or weeks out. And it's not 7 days a week like they say. Family Animal Services was not open Sunday but Mary Kate let me bring Crazy in and place her in their private room with her belongings. She cleaned her up for me, thank you Mary Kate, and took a clay paw print and ink paw prints for me. 

• Like 1

Dove Lewis is great. VCA is great. Cat Care Professional is great. Even Tigard banfield is a good place. I had options not everyone gets. My cat was stage 4 renal failure for some time along with other issues. I made the call when vet visits a month apart showed almost a 1lbs weight loss down to 5lbs. In her prime she was almost 13lbs of Maine Coon fluff. She didn't seem in pain but would hardly eat, and in the last week or two her water intake dropped significantly. The last week it was mostly chicken nuggets from McDonald's.