FS: Brand new TYPHOON III AQUARIUM RO DI 75 or 100 GPD

dstoneburg

I ordered a brand new TYPHOON III AQUARIUM RO DI 75 or 100 GPD and it was delivered today(oct. 19). I opened it up and looked over the directions and came to the conclusion I cannot operate this system in the house I am currently at. This is a very old house and the plumbing is lacking much of what this unit needs to be hooked up. So I guess my loss is your gain. This unit has never been turned on or used! Its been out of the box for about an hour while I looked over the directions!

This is the invoice to show how much I paid for it, directly from airwaterice.

SKU Description Price Qty. Ext.

1TYPHOONIII:A200:A100 TYPHOON III AQUARIUM RO DI 75 or 100 GPD

Choose Connector: Hose Adaptor

Select GPD: 75 GPD

$189.00 1 $189.00

Subtotal: $189.00

UPS or FexEx: $24.95

Grand Total: $213.95

I am willing to sell it for $189.00. That would mean for anyone looking for an RODI system, its free shipping and you dont even have to wait for it to get here!

Email - dstoneburg@comcast.net

Go To Home Depot and get a garden hose Y adapter($5), a 1/2" MPT x 1/4" John Guest fitting ($5)and a 3/4"FPT x 1/2" FPT brass Reducer($2).

Unhook the cold feed line to your washing machine.

Connect Y adapter to the hose bib. Attach washing machine hose to 1 end of the Y.

To the other end of the the Y, attach the 3/4"FPT x 1/2" brass reducer.

Screw in the 1/2" x 1/4" JG fitting to the previous fitting.

Now you plug in the feed line from the RODI to the 1/4" JG.

For the drain line, run about 2-3 feet down the washing machine line.

The pressure from that faucet should be in the 40-60 range which is better than under the sink usually. Just don't use the washing machine while making water.

Hope this helps!

Chewie's advice is right on. I did the same thing in my garage for my RODI unit. Works perfectly. The only thing I did differently is I added a small utility room sink & tied the drain in so that I could fill the water jugs in the sink in case I forgot to turn off the water (which my wife will attest that I do all the time :) )

Cuda

Yes just like Chewie said and also Cuda has some good advice.

I hooked mine up in my laundry room and put the container in the laundry sink. And yes I have forgot about it a few times(laugh) Or you can hook the unit up to a big container with a built in shut off that way the uni will just shut down when the water gets to the top. After reading you link that unit has an auto shut off built into it. So you could use a float valve to trigger it.

I had a similar issue when I got mine. Man what a pain the directions are. I have a sink in the basement and got it installed by using various fittings between the wall and the cold-water line to the sink. It has a on/off valve so all I have to do is reach back behind the sink and turn it on. Works great and no drilling into the pipes of my 80 year old home.