Ph probe calibration

Optimusprime3605

Not sure how to tell if it needs to be calibrated other then to compare to a test. I calibrate mine every 6ish months just to ensure it is accurate. I have not noticed much of a change when freshly calibrated so could probably go even longer between calibrations, but its cheap and easy to do. 

• Like 1

Not sure how to tell if it needs to be calibrated other then to compare to a test. I calibrate mine every 6ish months just to ensure it is accurate. I have not noticed much of a change when freshly calibrated so could probably go even longer between calibrations, but its cheap and easy to do. 
Thanks for the input...
I'll definitely pick up a test kit tomorrow to compare. If calibration is needed, where would I find the fluid to calibrate, other than online? Do LFS's carry them? Any suggestions?

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coors light! [emoji481]

You are best to compare and assume it is accurate the 1st time you calibrate it. If there are no significant changes to the tank or equipment the pattern should remain relatively the same. The probes have a 90 Day recommend calibration period, otherwise I would recommend calibrating if there is any significant deviation without known cause.

• Like 1

Quick question...
Do I need to calibrate with ph 7 and ph 10 or would 7 be just fine? Never calibrated a ph probe before.
Thanks

pH calibration should have 2 settings, slope and offset. If you can't adjust the offset and can only change slope, then use pH 10 to calibrate. If you can change the offset, pH 7 should register 0V, so you could just remove the pH probe and short the BNC male connector to adjust the offset.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

pH calibration should have 2 settings, slope and offset. If you can't adjust the offset and can only change slope, then use pH 10 to calibrate. If you can change the offset, pH 7 should register 0V, so you could just remove the pH probe and short the BNC male connector to adjust the offset.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Daniel, I will call you when I get the solutions from Flash21, later. What you said, went right over my head, lol.