Calcium Reactor VS 2 Part

bamburgb

3 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:

Nothing real fancy here. Eheim pump. The airline and water intake T together and get brought into the reactor along with recirculating water that is already in the reactor. The effluent then leaves the top.

06223403d487b40763c80cf0dc257cc6.jpg

The amount of water that enters the reactor and then flows out is controlled by that gate valve, which Ts off my main return line.

09ccefbdf65e4aa9fc2568a0e39d3080.jpg

767b6ac50ed7335d7af6ac5fc8a0aa64.jpg

37fc3eae14986a2f9d765e473199bf60.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So you have the CO2 line and the joining up with the water intake? If so that’s extremely helpful and solves my confusion and I will need to go buy a piece tomorrow haha.

1 minute ago, Higher Thinking said:

That's exactly right. New water, airline, and recirculating water all enters the intake of the recirc pump.

O I thought you meant they came together at your bubble counter. There is no inlet down near the pump which is what’s confusing me there are two ports on the top one on top of the bubble counter and one on the opposite side of the bubble counter but with all images i see that’s for the recirculating from one of the top ports...

If you go to the link for the CR 100 below you can download the setup manual which shows how the connections run... I think it is pretty much the same for the 70 if memory serves.  The CO2 should be fed into the bubble counter so you have some idea of the flow and can regulate in a controlled manner (if you are directly controlling of pH at this point).

http://www.coralvue.com/reef-octopus-cr100-calcium-reactor

O I thought you meant they came together at your bubble counter. There is no inlet down near the pump which is what’s confusing me there are two ports on the top one on top of the bubble counter and one on the opposite side of the bubble counter but with all images i see that’s for the recirculating from one of the top ports...

That bubble counter in the reactor? That is built onto the unit, but I don't use it. My bubble counter is attached directly to the CO2 tank. So there is an airline that comes to the reactor (you can't really tell where the airline is coming from in the close up pic) from the CO2 tank. That then attaches to a T with the water from my main return pump (flow controlled by gate valve). That water/gas mixture is brought into the recirc pump along with recirc water from the reactor itself (the vertical tube coming down in the front of the pump). Those three sources are then shot up into the reactor via the vertical tube in the back. Does that make sense?

28 minutes ago, bamburgb said:

It looks the same accept from what I see the cr-100 has a inlet spot down near the pump this one doesn’t.

C3A04D67-8165-49F2-9F26-BBE551243E16.jpeg

I would say CO2 to the top of the bubble counter then add a T to the blue line to attach your water feed - I seen that variation on ones without the second JG port on the pump recirc. line.