Cycle confusion

valcon69

I started cycling with a couple weeks of phantom feeding, Ammonia never rose.

Got a raw shrimp and tossed it in a week and a half ago (still in the tank), ammonia level stayed the same. The rock was from a running tank, but sat for a few weeks prior to use, so it had some die off also. This is a 16g tank, i would expect the ammonia to be through the roof by now.

I did add some Aquavitro Seed twice in the begining. I am starting the diatom stage now. I know its been a while, am I missing something or is this normal?adaf4b050fdb64c640bb48de6e57409c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Test kits actually expiress next month. So, a bit old. I considered that also. Even with the possible inaccuracy of the kit, I figured i would see some kind of variation.. I will be picking up some new ones. Recomendations?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I never saw much of a cycle in my 55, I added mostly live rock and sand from another tank and checked with the api tests, and had my water checked at the world of wet pets twice and sure enough never had a cycle.. I think maybe the live rock and sand was the reason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just missed the part that you let your rock sit for a while so I'm assuming it probably did have lots of die off, sorry missed that part! You may have had a very brief ammonia rise and just didn't catch it that's happened to me before in some freshwater tanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk