Spots on my mushrooms and torch

AcanLord

Also think flatworm as well

Also popped into my mind. The last pic where you can see it pulled off the tentacle a bit is what gave it away for me. I'm going to guess planaria out of those 2 choices though.  

If you have a turkey baster, give them a blast and see if they fly off. Or if you can baster suck them off.

Yep planaria for sure. The kind that soaks up the sun and that's why they are laying on your corals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked up planaria and they're red and tiny. These are about a 1/4" and purple like coraline algae

This type must not be super hardy. Maybe get yourself a little wrasse and see if he helps eat them!

I've had multiple wrasses for different reasons and hated them all lol I just took my torch out, shook it in a bucket and this fell off in a few seconds ee7a9c8a596881b980a10d1d182f722a.jpg

I have noticed fewer copopods in my tank than normal. I had tons that you could see easily and now I don't really see them much. Maybe these little shits eats all the pods then starve off and then the pods population rises again and it goes in waves. One things for sure, I'll be dipping all corals from now on.

• Like 1

I had those about 4 or 5 years ago I think, and decided they were most likely Waminoa sp. Tried melanurus and yellow coris wrasses, no dice. I think you are right about them eating copepods. Unfortunately they were immune to flatworm exit and another brand of similar product. I finally treated the tank with something that killed them but it killed all my pods, brittlestars and other worms too and it took years to get those back, I still only have a few. I think dipping new corals is a good idea for them. Anyone successfully treat them with a product that is not so harmful?

Here is a link 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convolutidae

Kate