fluconazole to battle byropsis

featherblue

Good to hear Vibrant worked for you. It did nothing for my GHA or byprosis in my frag tank. Dosed it for like 3 months. Keep an eye on your tank, lots of people have cyano outbreaks resulting from it also.

Anyone debating ordering flucos should do it while the site is selling them. My past experience with these online pet med sites is they don't stick around long or begin limiting what you can buy. Happened with the last place I bought Interceptor from.

• 2 months later...

I had a bryopsis outbreak and fluconazole did the trick. It took about 7 or 8 doses. I did the recommended 1 capsule per 10 dose for 5 days. There was some reduction in the bryopsis but it was still there just a little lighter. I did a 20% water change and let the tank stabilize for a week. The bryopsis got considerably thinner but was still there. I did three more daily treatments of the recommended dose. After about 3 weeks all of the bryopsis is gone. Not a trace of it. The chaeto in my sump did die but I'm not sure if that was from the AlgaeFix I tried before the fluconazole. It's been over a month since it was totally gone and there has been no resurgence. Unfortunately I didn't take and pictures.

Nice update!

I also had it get rid of byprosis and some hair algae, it was a very small amount though so it only took 2 doses. Great stuff. Didn't have any side effects either. I didn't have any cheato so can't speak to that dying off but I had seen it mentioned in the R2R thread. Tank has been free of algae (aside from the weekly film on the glass) ever since treatment. :clap:

Yes, bryopsis sucks. I got a bit of it from a frag, but was able to keep it in check. Soon I got a new tank so it wasn't an issue anymore. But I always feel it's enviable if you have a tank long enough. 

...now if there was a cure for apstasia that worked as well...?