Aqua Medic Water Testing

kilmca

I recently ordered a 4 pack of water tests from Aqua Medic Water Testing company.  its expensive but i wanted to compare the test kits i'm using to a lab test.  I got my first test results back and they are listed below.  I've been testing with a Red Sea test kit for CA, ALK, MAG, NO3 and PO4.  I'm surprised how close my numbers are with the Red Sea test kits to these numbers tested by a lab.  the lab test confirms i need to reduce nitrates, phosphates and silica plus increase calcium.  i knew those levels needed to be addressed and have been working on that.  i didn't have a silca test so i need to look into how to lower that.  i just changed my RODI filters so that might help a little.  the RODI filters were long overdue for a change.  I haven't done a water change since i tore down and restarted the tank in May.  

http://30943438514_aebb9a6a9c_b.jpgCapture by kilmca, on Flickr

I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on this service or ones like it.  i've got a year to use the 3 remaining tests and plan to use them as i make changes or see any significant changes in the tank.

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing!

I use the Triton water testing service, every three months or so. It's between 40 and 49 bucks per test, depending on whether I get it on sale or not.

I would be curious how accurate and precise the service is. I found Triton to have good precision by sending in duplicate samples and seeing nearly identical results.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing!

I use the Triton water testing service, every three months or so. It's between 40 and 49 bucks per test, depending on whether I get it on sale or not.

I would be curious how accurate and precise the service is. I found Triton to have good precision by sending in duplicate samples and seeing nearly identical results.

yeah i wonder about the accuracy too and might use the Triton test at some point.  i'm testing the tank water with the Red Sea test kits at the time i take the sample i'm sending to the lab and since all my test results match their results it seems to be pretty accurate. The 4 pack test kit by this company came out to $33 per test.  

yeah i wonder about the accuracy too and might use the Triton test at some point.  i'm testing the tank water with the Red Sea test kits at the time i take the sample i'm sending to the lab and since all my test results match their results it seems to be pretty accurate. The 4 pack test kit by this company came out to $33 per test.  

$33 per test is cheaper than Triton.