Overflow help!

Vance164

Sweeeet!

Post some pics when you get the overflow mounted in the tank. Are you planning on drilling it yourself?

I was planning on it I drilled the 4in holes for my filter socks so have a little experience hoping to rig it up on a table and use the drill press hopefully anyways. I checked the glass with a laptop screen and uv glasses and looks like it isn't tempered. I can only hope. Gladly taking any tips!

This an interesting discussion and something I have not thought much about. I have a built in corner overflow but a pretty good amount of surface movement.

I may try and build something with a coast to coast and compare. But since this will be my display tank figured I'd spend the money since it wasn't much more than the price of acrylic anyways.

I was planning on it I drilled the 4in holes for my filter socks so have a little experience hoping to rig it up on a table and use the drill press hopefully anyways. I checked the glass with a laptop screen and uv glasses and looks like it isn't tempered. I can only hope. Gladly taking any tips!

Well have drilled a few tanks but not on a press. Only used a chordless drill and that's it. I used a wood template also to contain the bit and lots of water.......

I used the press on my piece of plate nice because it won't walk and can't just set it to a nice slow speed. Had it outside also could just keep the hose on it. I was thinking of using plumbers putty for this as well to make a [language filter]. Also I wanted to make a jig of some sort since they have the template online

• 3 weeks later...

Nice choice with the synergy. I'm getting ready to drill my 125. I went with a company called Modular Marine for the overflow and they were great with regards to custom ordering. Just like the normal synergy ones, but with no removable weir. Since my tank is an in wall build with the overflow on the side I had to have it custom built. I wanted to maximize surface skimming and their standard sizes wouldn't work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk